Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

tenergy tb6b lipo charging for 1s

mikeottinger

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been looking closely at this Tenergy tb6b for my 1s batteries. Was curious if others would recommend it. I believe with 1s, since balancing isn’t a concept per se, that I’d be using the charging function of this instead of the balancing function? Does anyone know if the discharging to storage voltage works well for this with 1s?

Hi Mike, that charger will work but it doesn’t do lipo HV and most all 1s batteries now are HV. Not necessarily a bad thing since only charging HV’s to 4.2 will extend their life if you don’t over discharge them. In the long run I would look at a little better charger like an iSDT, but I understand that not everyone can splurge on that. Most things are consumables in this hobby, but your TX, goggles, and charger are 3 things you should get the very best you can as they will serve you well without having to re-buy better in the future which of course can be a waste if you can’t sell the old gear for some reasonable amount. IMHO

Yeah that iSDT is super nice ?. After some more research I did end up getting the Tenergy, delivered yesterday in fact. Next problem ?, the 1s don’t have balance cables so not exactly sure how I hook these up. Do I need to buy a dedicated charger cable for 1s batteries? Someone had pointed me to a parallel charger for 6-at-time, I’m curious if I can still use the discharge/storage feature with a parallel charger like this: Tiny Whoop Parallel Charging Board for 1s LiPos - 6 port

Give me a while to get back to the house and I will send a few pics of my suggestions. You can, and I would, use that charger for all your batts. 1s doesnt use balance since there is only 1 cell, nothing to balance.

I use this as one of my ways to charge 1s, got this one from ProgressiveRC I think, once the charge is done the 6 battery’s will float each other off to the same exact voltage, handy when fly 2x1s whoops, and weak cells start to stand out.

Brilliant, found it on their site just now. So this will also float across the batteries even when doing storage?

BTW, if you ever need the discharger function, your doing it wrong! ? and it nothing to do with the number of cells, it has to do with the discharge Wattage rating and per cell discharge rating, any good charger will boast those numbers

Yeah I’ll be wanting to get batteries to full charge and also to storage charge without needing to babysit. Thanks for the advice!

Yes, all batteries in parallel will balance to the same voltage quickly, it take a number of minutes to bleed off the current capability imbalance, that can cause fires and melted traces, number one reason to keep batteries and individual cells to within 0.2 volts when plugging up to parallel charge. Randy-ism number 1, check you battery total and individual cell voltage before you do anything with it, charge, discharge, or fly, it’s good to know where your batteries are compared to what you are about to do with them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax