Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Telemetry on sp racing f3 & FrSky XSR-E

Kye

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need a little help. I have the SP Racing F3 flight controller and the FrSky XSR-E receiver. Here are links to the two:

US Warehouse | Upgrade NAZE32 F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for Multirotor Raci

Frsky&EACHINE XSR-E D16 2.4G 16CH Dual Telemetry Receiver SBUS CPPM Output

I currently have the receiver hooked up to UART3 headers and the smartport wire hooked up to the UART2 pin 3. I can't seem to get telemetry on my Taranis Q X7. The FC is flashed with Betaflight, UART2 is set to smartport and auto in ports tab and telemetry is on in config tab.
My quad works great otherwise.
Can anyone give me some hints as to how I would possibly get telemetry?

Thanks in advance
Kye

Reactions: Wayno52
Hey Kye welcome to the forum. I’m no help on that one at all but at least I’m honest. I’m sure some of our members will be able to help you out though.
Nice fish there, Spanish mackerel or a who? Hard to tell without seeing the mouth.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey Wayno52. Thank you! In South Africa we call it a cuta but I believe it's a king mackerel or some variation at least.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey Kye, welcome to DRP forum!

Your wireout is correct and is identical to mine from your description.

Have you "Discovered New Sensors" yet on your QX7?

There is a number of facets to this like voice prompts for instance, my radio tells me when I start banging up against 14v so I know when to land by something other than just a timer, but I run a timer too. One day I will have OSD and on those quads telemetry will not be important, but without OSD, you really kinda need telemetry to keep an eye on your battery and RSSI.

If you want to get an idea of what to do, this vid from Project Blue Falcon (RIP JC) will get you started in the right direction.
I would caution you to not change some of the things he is calling out, like RSSI critical level for instance until you know you want to for some reason, the defaults are fine and when you learn enough then you can start experimenting if you really want.

Reactions: Keifie
Hey Kye, welcome to DRP forum!

Your wireout is correct and is identical to mine from your description.

Have you "Discovered New Sensors" yet on your QX7?

There is a number of facets to this like voice prompts for instance, my radio tells me when I start banging up against 14v so I know when to land by something other than just a timer, but I run a timer too. One day I will have OSD and on those quads telemetry will not be important, but without OSD, you really kinda need telemetry to keep an eye on your battery and RSSI.

If you want to get an idea of what to do, this vid from Project Blue Falcon (RIP JC) will get you started in the right direction.
I would caution you to not change some of the things he is calling out, like RSSI critical level for instance until you know you want to for some reason, the defaults are fine and when you learn enough then you can start experimenting if you really want.

Thank you! I actually didn’t even think of checkingnew sensors on the q x7.
I’ll try that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone