Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

TBS Vendetta Backpack Bundle or vortex 250 pro?

Which one would you guys recommend for a beginner?

• Total voters

doberman

Reaction score
Which one do you recommend for a beginner? Local store has both (2 different stores).

I was thinking about adding the Fatshark HD3.

Which one do you guys recommend? Why?

Thanks

Kind-of a strange comparison there doby. But I chose the TBS system because of it being more of a complete kit. Not real sure about the Tx though. I've heard roomers about it being all the rave with the younger hobbyist. You might be locking yourself into only flying quads with that Tx though.

Thanks PhoenixF...I see you have SkyZone SK1 V2. How do you like that? I have no way of seeing, testing the goggles. The Fatshark HD3 is like $500. What are your thoughts? Should I also get the kit and try to see if the FPV on the transmitter is ok to start before I invest more into quads?

Also, you have Spectrum DX 8. A lot of people are using the FRSKY Tranis, What made you chose the Spectrum over FRSky?

Thanks for all the feedback.

You could save some money using a Radiolink AT9S transmitter ($140 on Amazon) and Eachine EV800 goggles ($85 on Amazon). Both are excellent, especially for the price.

Thanks PhoenixF...I see you have SkyZone SK1 V2. How do you like that? I have no way of seeing, testing the goggles. The Fatshark HD3 is like $500. What are your thoughts? Should I also get the kit and try to see if the FPV on the transmitter is ok to start before I invest more into quads?

Also, you have Spectrum DX 8. A lot of people are using the FRSKY Tranis, What made you chose the Spectrum over FRSky?

Thanks for all the feedback.

To be perfectly honest. This is my very first pair of goggles. And I haven't used the them yet. I purchased them used after Christmas from a different forum. Got a pretty good deal on them. But I did do a lot of research on goggles before purchasing. And I was fully aware of all of their intricacies before purchasing. I've only powered them up once and without a CCD feed (transmitter on my 210R hasn't been powered up yet). But, compared to the more expensive FatShark goggles, I think that they will work very well. I like the fact that they have built-in diversity and 30deg field of view (comparable to higher end Fatshark). Only thing I'm not sure about is the 16:9 screen ratio. But most people who use these goggles say that it is easy to adapt. The on-board camera is a little cheesy. But I'm hoping to be able to use them for LOS landings. Not quite sure about how FPV landings will work out for me (yet). As a heli pilot, I'm capable of pinpoint soft landings LOS. The only disappointment that I have experienced so far is the immersiveness of the view itself. But, I think that it's about as good as it gets with goggles. To get any better, you would have to go with the bulky goggles and bigger screens just like "theGreenOrange" as suggested many times.

Now for the radio (Tx). Two biggest reason:
1) I don't want to learn the "Open Source Programing"
2) Pre configured programming for Quads, Helicopters, Airplanes and Sailplanes.

I started this hobby with Helis (rotary wing). I've learned to fly helis well enough to enjoy them. And I'm not done with helis. I'm currently even considering an FPV Airplane (fixed wing). So, to me at least, this type of Tx makes more sense. The Next Statement Is My Opinion Only: The FRSKY radios look cheep and feels cheep. And is used on DRL for other reason besides it's quality. (Back to reality). The Spektrum radios are know for "GOOD" build quality. Comparable to other radios in its class. IE: Futaba, JR, Mikado. Not extremely "High End". But not low end either. And, Spektrum supports their equipment diligently. Good Luck on making a decision on a radio. The radio is the most important decision to make.

Last edited:
Spectrum 8? Or would you jump up to 9?

I would have got the 9 if it were in my budget. With my current plans for this hobby, I could see possibly using all 8 channels. That doesn't leave any room to spare if future plans should change. .

I don't know what you guys are smoking, just get an AT9S. ;)

It is 12channels with newest firmware. And $140 with receiver.

Can't disagree about it being a good radio. But the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same. :cool:

Reactions: theGreenOrange
But an extra $100 for the DX9 vs DX8? Not worth it to me If you are dead set on spektrum. Quads don't need that many channels IMO.

But why impose limitations?:D

I asked this on another thread. I am really liking the idea and the reviews on TBS Tango. What you guys think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A Nitro / Gasser Heli needs 7. Then retracts need 1. = 8. Not considering lighting or other fun things.

I asked this on another thread. I am really liking the idea and the reviews on TBS Tango. What you guys think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm intrigued. But that is about it. If you plan on doing nothing but quads. AND - you need something light and small to travel. Then "Perfect". My interest in RC is to diverse for that radio to be any benefit to me.

I was only considering quads...

Yes. And I know we are in the correct forum for that. Not sure where "doby" is at in this hobby. Or what his interest might be in the future. But if I were to make a "newbe" recommendation. Then I couldn't recommend something that would limit his growth (diversity) in the hobby. I think that you would agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax