Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

TBS Unify & OSD power changes

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Taking the chance on being "captain obvious" here but..

Just because the OSD changes the VTX power and shows you've increased power means nothing. If you haven't unlocked the VTX. Until it shows both a red and blue light lit after booting up and going through indicators (blinking lights), your still on 25mH.

to unlock you must be in band select mode. power up and wait till you get a solid blue. hold button on VTX for 3 seconds (your in channel select mode), hold again for 3 seconds and now you're in Band select mode. now hold button for 20 seconds till red light shows.
turn off the quad and back on. If you see both a blue and red light your unlocked and OSD stick changes will apply to VTX power changes.
Its surprising how well TBS unify pro vtx does at 25mH.

PLEASE REMEMBER YOU NEED A HAM LICENSE TO USE ANY VTX POWER OVER 25mH.

Reactions: Wayno52
I knew I hadn't unlocked it yet (my cerbs are unlocked.. 200mH and I should know better). but when out with the "407 pilots" group those trees were a real problem. Someone said just change power through smartAudio. I did... and the funny bit is Nate and I both thought we saw improvement but nope... we were fooled.
I was on the Black Sheep FB forum last night and read through a thread on this. It was surprising how many thought they weren't on 25mH by just using OSD Smart Audio. There were several different setups claimed to overide it but the Black Sheep guys said "no way". just passing on that info here.

If your in the USA... get your HAM license!! its not hard really and 15$-25$ and your legal with the FCC.

Remember Y'all.. there are allot of HAM operators (at least in my small town). They can see your signal and if you aren't legal it can get expensive fast if the right person complains that your blasting high mH.
Now... not many HAM folks. use 5.8 but it only takes one guy in a bad mood with the right equipment to know where you are, inquire (national database) and change fun to ugg fast.
FAA and FCC are no joke. Its reletively cheap and you get the right documents if someone questions you (johnny law).

Last edited:
Reactions: ebeez
JJ, I just got home for my RNR and tried this several times on my GR R349 with no luck.
Everything you said is correct but after watching several videos on this I found out that after the 20 second hold you need to do another 3 second hold to save the unlock sequence.
Yay not 25mw anymore, as you said its amazing what you can get with 25mw though.
Hopefully weather allows me to try it next day or so. Forecast is not great but gets better next day or so.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput