Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis Q X7 freeze at start up

The only way you would have bricked the radio was by having the wrong one selected under RadioType, but you should also tick LUA, LUAC, NOHELI, and possibly EU since I think you said your radio was an EU/LBT model. You can always reflash it if you ever get and R9 module in the future.

This is also the same thing I suggested 8 posts back.

Ok, thanks!
Selected the checkboxes you mentioned but still the same problem. Press power and the light is red and the OPEN-TX logo is frozen on the screen. So didn't make any changes by installing the boot-loader and then flashing the radio like this.
Will see what the selling company says when they get back on the support...
Cheers

Where are you at in the world @VanTheMan? OpenTX is not exactly straightforward and there is no compatibility between different revs, you need to have the correct version to do things correctly. It might be good to have a hand evaluating all of this and supervising the flash to see that all goes correctly. If you want I can probably have a look with you to see if I can help getting it going again. Let me know if your interested or not and I will send you a PM.

Where are you at in the world @VanTheMan? OpenTX is not exactly straightforward and there is no compatibility between different revs, you need to have the correct version to do things correctly. It might be good to have a hand evaluating all of this and supervising the flash to see that all goes correctly. If you want I can probably have a look with you to see if I can help getting it going again. Let me know if your interested or not and I will send you a PM.

Hi there! Wow, thanks for that offer but I'm in Gothenburg, Sweden.
I've tried to read and learn som more today and tried to find away forward but still the same problem.
Haven't heard anything more from the company support either. Hoped they would get back to me again and lead me forward.
Cheers

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi there! Wow, thanks for that offer but I'm in Gothenburg, Sweden.
I've tried to read and learn som more today and tried to find away forward but still the same problem.
Haven't heard anything more from the company support either. Hoped they would get back to me again and lead me forward.
Cheers
Wow. I've read about the problem you are having and all the good suggestions you tried. Sorry you had to deal with that as the QX7 is a good transmitter. Had mines for almost 3 years and it never gave me any problems, even when updating firmware for it. Sounds like the OpenTx operating system on yours:
could be corrupt. It might need to be reloaded again. Here's a link that may help you with that:

Also, have you tried restoring the EEPROM? This might help walk you through how to do that:

Hope you get your QX7 working again. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas