Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis Q X7 freeze at start up

VanTheMan

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry for this beginners problem but I need some help to get me on the right track.
Just got my Taranis Q X7 (EU LBT) with an EMAX FreeStyle a few days ago. My first drone. :)
I got the Taranis to work with the Simulator on Steam but i never got it to bind with the drone.

Tried to follow guides on Youtube etc but nothing worked.
Connected it to BetaFlight, OpenTX and tried to follow the instructions but something must have gone terrible wrong.
Now when I try to start it the display shows "OPEN TX" and the power button light os red. Nothing happens.
I need to pull the batteries to get out from it.

Is there some way to restart/reboot and make it the right way?
Any directions on what to do to get the transmitter back to work?
Really frustrating to not get it to work and not knowing what to do when I know I messed it up... :(

Thanks!

Reactions: bzmot
I’ve got a similar transmitter and if I’m in a hurry, I’ll get the same result. I found that when powering up, hold the button for a second or so and then release it. If you don’t then the button goes and stays red. Same for powering down, hold the button until you see the snooze head thing and then release the button.
As for not being able to bind your quad, assuming that the Taranis and receiver (frysky) are of the same protocol then it should be straightforward. Certainly not up to speed as some of the crew here, but matching EU and nonEU firmware on quad gear is a hassle.

Reactions: Wayno52
Thanks for your reply!
I din't have this problem before and I can't try to start it in any other way.
It always freeze and show red power light.

So, my main question is, is there a way to reset the transmitter to factory settings so I can start all over again?

Resetting to factory settings is usually if you either want to sell it or or you have a bug whilst you’re trying to update it.
If you’re not able to turn it on, I’m thinking you may have to sort that out first. Have you tried what I suggested? You’ll need to get that sorted before you can restore factory settings unless you are able to connect via a usb cable from your controller (on the bottom under the flap thing) to your controller and go to the Taranis website and look for reset/update firmware options. There is a site that you can use other than Taranis but the name escapes me. Maybe @HighTechPauper can chime in as he is a guru with this sort of caper.

Ok, thanks a lot for you reply!
When I plug it in to my Mac the power indicator turns green (from being completely off) if the batteries in.
Without the batteries the power button just flashes green.
With it being plugged in nothing happens when I press the power button so there's no way for me to get the display to show. :(

Yep, I been thinking Tevek but I think this may be something Randy can help with as apposed to bull at gate style.
There is a watch style battery inside which can cause similar but I'm really not sure on this one.
Ok, will see if I can find some information if that will solve my problem. Thanks!

Ok, thanks a lot for you reply!
When I plug it in to my Mac the power indicator turns green (from being completely off) if the batteries in.
Without the batteries the power button just flashes green.
With it being plugged in nothing happens when I press the power button so there's no way for me to get the display to show. :(
Dumb question, the batteries for the Taranis are fully charged?

Question, have you been ejecting it like you would a memory stick before unplugging it from your computer when using the simulator? I was just unplugging the USB cable and not ejecting it first and had the same thing happen with my QX7. It turned out I had to send it in and have the main board replaced as it messed something up on the board.
If you have been ejecting it first, then you may want to return it as defective for another one.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Question, have you been ejecting it like you would a memory stick before unplugging it from your computer when using the simulator? I was just unplugging the USB cable and not ejecting it first and had the same thing happen with my QX7. It turned out I had to send it in and have the main board replaced as it messed something up on the board.
If you have been ejecting it first, then you may want to return it as defective for another one.

Can it be that vulnerable?
I never got any warning that the device was disconnected instead of ejected if that was the case.

Can it be that vulnerable?
I never got any warning that the device was disconnected instead of ejected if that was the case.
I was doing that for almost a year when it happened.
After researching it I think my problem might have been different (it was awhile ago).
When I tried to power up I would just get a click sound out of the speaker and it would go no farther.

Can you get it into bootloader mode to reinstall the firmware? Not sure of the procedure for re-install for a Mac...

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Can you upload a video of the issue to youtube and post a link to it here so we can see exactly what this looks and sounds like?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232