Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis Q x7 and Emax Hawk 5 setup help

i was hooked from that house racer i bought. Is there a way i could program an auto level button? I had it flip upside down and commit suicide enough times to go through 8 more props (one or two at a time) in the course of running down 2 batteries.

Needless to say, i'm feeling a bit discouraged but i'm not giving up. I Know there is a way to set the quad so it wont roll over a certain pitch. In the meantime i'll check out that simulator.

I'm wondering if it was something even dumber, like maybe not having all 4 of my prop nuts tight enough.... I just got 100 props in the mail from amazon. I'll keep y'all posted~

Just a thought have you set up mode switches in betaflight? if you have only set your arm switch the quad will be in acro so you need to set three position switch to angle, horizon and acro.

You are right on the switches... I had not set them up yet. I took a bad crash Sunday. I can get the transmitter bound but, but i get nothing. Even when im connected to betaflight the does not show up. In betaflight i can activate the motors with the dials.

Anyone got any ideas on what i need to replace?

I did notice that this antenna came up missing, but i thought it was for VFR flight (i know nothing) i wish the owners manual came with an exploded parts list like all my kids RC trucks from Traxxas...

Attachments

• pic 1.png
    pic 1.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • pic 2.png
    pic 2.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
That antenna is for your vtx (video to the goggles) do not power on the quad with this disconnected it will fry your vtx. I can’t understand why you cannot connect to the quad with your transmitter unless you have damaged a cable to your receiver.

You are right on the switches... I had not set them up yet. I took a bad crash Sunday. I can get the transmitter bound but, but i get nothing. Even when im connected to betaflight the does not show up. In betaflight i can activate the motors with the dials.

Anyone got any ideas on what i need to replace?

I did notice that this antenna came up missing, but i thought it was for VFR flight (i know nothing) i wish the owners manual came with an exploded parts list like all my kids RC trucks from Traxxas...

Your stack looks like this correct?
F4-Magnum02.jpg

Emaxmodel.com-R/C Store - F4 Magnum V2 All In One FPV Stack Tower System Including F4 Flight Controller 4 In 1 BLHeli-S Bullet 30A ESC VTX FrSky XM+ Receiver And Antenna

You can find pinouts and instructions for it,
b7ad3c49-7b56-4ea2-a010-199692cf0689.jpg

What the pic above is NOT showing is your receiver (the green board in the pic at the top), which is likely the culprit here.
There are 3 pins highlighted on the right, the farthest over is Sbus. If the controller binds but doesn't show up, this Sbus connection is one thing to check.

Reactions: Sr CoDeMaN
Glad to have found such a helpful group of people. I'll give that a shot when i get home.

I'm not giving up this easy. i ordered another hawk 5 so now i will have a spare... I'm either going to learn how to fly these **** things or im going to bankrupt myself trying lol.

Don’t give up I nearly did after having so many problems at the start. I know quite a lot and fly every chance I get.
But make sure you set up you switches for self level mode and fly in angle until your used to it

Glad to have found such a helpful group of people. I'll give that a shot when i get home.

I'm not giving up this easy. i ordered another hawk 5 so now i will have a spare... I'm either going to learn how to fly these **** things or im going to bankrupt myself trying lol.

Glad you're on board! I don't like to scare new-comers, but I believe that this is a tough hobby to dabble in; go big or go home!

That said, you'll learn to just replace what's broken. In this case, the receiver is around $20, and the whole stack can be replaced for less than $100. If you're comfortable with soldering, and reading pinouts and diagrams, you'll be able to fix these pretty easily with a little practice. The name of the game for me is diagnosis, and that comes with understanding and experience.

Just a side note, I keep telling people to get a tinyhawk! It's a great way to learn, and they're only $100. If you've already got a controller and goggles it's a must buy IMHO. It doesn't have to be a Tinyhawk, any of the popular brushless micros are a great way to learn. (Trashcan, Mobula, Acrobee etc)

Here's me messing around with my tinyhawk, it's virtually indestructible under it's own weight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput