Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taking FPV drone to Turkey

Graves222

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve been flying FPV now for a few years .
My current drone is a HGLRC Mefisto.
Pretty neat little thing .
I had a bad experience last year trying to take my DJI Mavic 2 into turkey. This wasn’t through the AirPort but I drove from Greece through the border into turkey .
The drone was confiscated and was told I could get it when I returned to Greece .
It was a mission to get it back , but paid a fine and got it back ...... lucky me .
I was due to the weight and I get that .

So this year I wanted to take my FPV drone , it weighs 300g without the 3 cell batt , but pushing just over 500g with the battery .
Was wondering if you had any info about taking FPV drones into turkey and to they fall under the same commercial drone laws ?
Any info would be great .

I had an idea of just dismantling it and say it busted and just assemble when I’m in turkey .
Cheers

The whole reason I got into this way way back was to to travel with the quads. I like the idea of being able to fix it with my TS100 in the field. That said, check out some of the headlines of tourists jailed for doing exactly what you're talking about. Turkey is a Muslim majority country not known for it's judicial lenience, I woulnd't mess around with them unless I was looking forward to a Turkish prison and an international incident.
If you don't register, don't bring it. I almost smuggled a disassembled quad into Cuba and in hindsight it was a good thing that I didn't. Believe it or not we were under almost constant surveillance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax