Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Starter FPV Kit

giulio12

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am new to the world of FPV and I would like to compose a starter kit.

Ideally I would buy

FPV Goggles: Fatshark hd0
RC Transmitter: Frsky taranis X9D or Frsky taranis qx7

Now I have to select the drone. I was wondering if it exists a race drone that hold the altitude/position, so that in case of panic I could just stop any action and the drone would hold in there and don’t fall off the sky.

I would like to have something that is easy to fly but also fast and reactive.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Dear giulio12

I was once new to fpv, and to an extent I still am. :)

There aren't any racing drones that I know of which have a gps lock (hold the altitude/position).

However, Different flight modes can easily be switched using your transmitter, which can be configurable on betaflight. E.g - Stabilised mode and acro mode can be interchangeable on any race drone, so long as you have betaflight flashed on your flight controller.

Tip 1. Start learning to fly your drone in Line of sight, and in stabilised mode. Get a feel of the throttle and dynamics

Tip 2. Hop on a simulator and learn acro

Tip 3. MAIDEN!!!

As mentioned above and well put, start out slowly and practice on both a simulator and out in the open. My first race drone package was a x220 complete with eachine 007 goggles which was more than enough to get going. I’ve since moved to a hawk 5, Taranis qx7s and Fatshark V3 goggles which I’m getting used to. My advice would be to move to something relatively inexpensive as you will crash, rebuild, crash etc as I and many others have done.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas