Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

SP Racing F3 problem

chrushl

Reaction score
hey I could need some help with my flight controller.
I can't get it connected to cleanflight. (version 2.4)

I looked up solutions and found forums where I'm told to download another driver and install it through the device manager, where under "other devices" the controller should show up.
but it doesn't. not even the drop-down "other devices" is showing up at all.

also was told to flash the newest firmware.
but I only once got the controller to go into bootloader mode (activity LED not flashing when plugging in) and I have no idea if it managed to flash in that try.
now I seem to fail completely to jump the boot pins and get it into bootloader mode.

I'm completely at a loss.
please help.

downloaded it just now,
started it up,
plugged the controller in,
and it still says "searching for flight controller".

so it seems like my PC generally doesn't recognize the controller.

You want to steer clear of Cleanflight and install Betaflight. I have a number of SPRF3 boards and am pretty good at getting PC stuff figured out. Let me know if I can help, we can do a TeamViewer session so I can have a look at your PC.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
I've had several of those FC boards and had similar problems with loading firmware from Cleanflight, even though it had Cleanflight firmware on it to begin with. For some reason, they would only take a Betaflight firmware update from there. Also, if you are having trouble getting the board into bootloader mode, I found that if you temporarily solder the pins of the boot pads together, flash the firmware, then desolder them, works better.

You want to steer clear of Cleanflight and install Betaflight. I have a number of SPRF3 boards and am pretty good at getting PC stuff figured out. Let me know if I can help, we can do a TeamViewer session so I can have a look at your PC.
Hello there, I was wondering if you'd be willing to the same for me. I'm building a quadcopter for a school project and got stuck with the same problem I've been at it for weeks now. I would be very thankfull for your help.

Kind regards,

Toph

Hello there, I was wondering if you'd be willing to the same for me. I'm building a quadcopter for a school project and got stuck with the same problem I've been at it for weeks now. I would be very thankfull for your help.

Kind regards,

Toph
Hi @Tophbeifong, I will try to help if I can. What are you trying to do and what is happening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax