Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

South Florida From Palm Beach to Miami

fpvologist

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE fpv have been at it on and off for 4 years, I started when the cc3d FC was the shizzle. Anyway I have such a hard time finding a place to fly (I know old worn out subject) Anyone on this forum regularly meet up and have a good place to fly in south Florida? I joined a group down here for fpv races, it has over 400 members and lucky if 3 people show up and they don't race its just a freestyle session (nothing wrong with freestyle, I love it). It seems like the hobby had a big Spike the last 2 years and now its gone flat. Does anyone else get that impression?

Reactions: rtkDarling
I've only been at it for a year, but I do fly every day. I've yet to meet another pilot. Period. I've met a bunch of DJI fanboys but NOBODY that's even SEEN FPV. I just broke down and got on facebook just to see if I could meet anyone else that flies, before that I didn't have any social media accounts.

I live in Abacoa, and unless you're into trees (and I am actually into trees) Florida is a pretty boring place to fly in general; there's just not any verticality. I would hit bandos up all day, but I live in Gringolandia where there are no abandoned spaces at all. I have an office park I like, but it's for 3" only. I took my 6" out there and scarred the hell out of myself

I fly the Abacoa Greenway and that's pretty much it, but I too would like to branch out
@Futuramille is in FL too I think

Reactions: Futuramille
Abacoa Greenway... you must be a blood bag for mosquitoes there... lmao. I know what you mean about flying the 6 inch, I take my 6 inch chameleon out in front of my house ( I live in Parkland) and im terrified of hitting the neighbors car. I mostly stick to my 125mm after work.

I love flying around trees the only issue near me is my motors always have 6 million spider webs on them after flying around the trees here. I joined Vista View Flyers and I think I will give that a shot see how it goes, its just a pita to go fly there. Pack bags 30 minute drive etc. etc. The folks that just walk out of there back door and fly are so lucky.

Reactions: rtkDarling
Boy that seems like a pretty small space to be charging people for... Here's where I fly:
Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 1.16.55 PM.png

It's easy to park right at Rodger Dean Stadium and just walk the greenway until you find a spot you like. There's some pretty cool **** out there

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Does anyone harass you to leave? I might actually be moving up that way next year, i will look for you if i do,we can burn out some lipos :)

Looks pretty good. Does anyone harass you to leave? I might actually be moving up that way next year, i will look for you if i do,we can burn out some lipos :)
Never once have I been bothered, in fact I don't even see people very often. The cops here are SUPER lazy, they don't want to get out of their car for this crap. When I fly by the road I've had cops stop and watch, but not one has gotten out. I do fly pretty safe though, or at least with observation of cars and people. Flying in the park here will get you harassed REAL quick, and by people that hate their job

I was just up in orlando looking at full sail university for my son. There seems to be alot more space to fly up that way compared to the lauderdale area.

Hi guys. Im from denmark and currently driving up from the keys heading for orlando in a RV.

Im passing miami beach tomorrow and will be going further north. Any chance for a meetup somewhere to fly a little freestyle? I brought my 5"

Would love to fly miami beach or a bando.

rtkDarling, maybe your spot it still good?

TIA!

Futuramille, thanks for your offer. We are delivering the rv in orlando monday, so Im not sure I will be able to make it, but I will keep the offer in mind if we get up the coast faster than expected.

I was just up in orlando looking at full sail university for my son. There seems to be alot more space to fly up that way compared to the lauderdale area.
I fly all over deerfield and boca, without getting harassed. Theres a great baseball park with some really nice lines. A couple tight parks. And even the overpasses.

Let me know if you want to fly up near boca/deerfield.

I fly all over deerfield and boca, without getting harassed. Theres a great baseball park with some really nice lines. A couple tight parks. And even the overpasses.

Let me know if you want to fly up near boca/deerfield.
Cool video
I usually fly in lakeworth beach area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux