Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Some Simple Antenna Questions

ArcaneCharge

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I hope this isn't against any forum rules. I'm a college student currently in an engineering design class, and my group and I have chosen to do a project involving antenna orientation. As a part of the project, we are encouraged to reach out to potential customers (Don't worry, we aren't actually trying to sell you anything) to find out more about the problem we are trying to address. If you are able, it would be really helpful to us if you could answer a few questions about your experience with communications for FPV flying.

What is your current antenna setup? (omnidirectional dipole, rotating directional etc.)
In what environment and at what range do you typically fly?
What difficulties/problems do you or have you faced with your current setup?
Is there anything in particular you wish you could add or change about your current setup?

A huge thank you to anyone who can help us out.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
What difficulties/problems do you or have you faced with your current setup?
Is there anything in particular you wish you could add or change about your current setup?
Trees flush with leaves can block a signal but isn't as much an issue at 200mw. Any improvement would surely be welcome, higher definition transmission is new and being developed but not guite there, AFAIK. Keep in mind any improvements etc. need to be very small and light

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya