Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Some newbie help please !!!!

Si_dean

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im a complete novice when it comes to drone flying, so appologies in advance if i maybe asking some strange questions!

Ok, to summarise, i have a

DJI Phantom 2 drone
With a H3 3D gimbal and my gopro
Hero 4 silver attached to it and all connected up etc.

I have a 7" screen 5.8GHZ wireless receiver (its only an entry level one which I bought off ebay..... it says (Diversity LCD 5802) but i'm not sure if its an echines one or boscam ??

I have an imersion rc 5.8 transmitter ariel attached to my drone (bought it like this already installed) and i have the factory supplies 2 x atennas that screw onto the top of my wireless receiver (pointed upwards as per tips ive seen on the web)..... but im really struggling with poor picture image / interfearance!

Ive read the a4 piece of paper (which is effectively the manual) that comes with the receiver but the menu options on the receiver are basic and pretty self explanatory. In short, i press search and it scans channels for best picture. When it does this, theres a fair few channels that show what the gorpro is seeing..... BUT i get a lot of distortion and lines showing across the screen, and the very best i get looks like a still image and good quality, but then i get faint lines rolling slowly down the screen in the background. So it kind of goes from being very bad lines, to very faint lines...... but still lines nonetheless!

as soon as i have the drone in the air and fly it away from me (regardless of direction) after about 200 metres the picture then becomes so distorted i have to fly it back towards me ..... but even then the picture is poor and distorted.

I even rang a local radio controlled model shop who advised it maybe worth changing the setting on the receiver from PAL to NTSC (or vice-versa)..... but there is nowehere to select or navigate to for this on the receiver?

Is there sometjing i'm doing wrong or is it just worth me buying 2 x better ariels to put onto my receiver, as i hear the factory supplied ones normally arent great. If so..... which ones would be the best for me and from reading on the net, here are a lot to choose from and there are different options (like polarised)??

Again, im a complete beginner to all this so any help would be great.

Kind Regards,

Si.

Sounds like PAL/NTSC mismatch issue. Use either one for both devices, but do not mix.

Hi, thanks for replying.

How do i actually "use / select" one of them, as i dont know how or were to go to action this? There is certainly no option on the wireless Receiver itself?

Hi,

Which link inparticular would be best, as theres a mindfield if info there and im not sure which thread on the 2 links youve said is best for me?

Cheers

Si,

I didn't indicate either link as being a better source. I was simply pointing you towards two forums that are dedicated to the Phantom 2 product line. You'll have to use the search functions on each to find threads related to your issue. The P2 has been around for quite some time and I would think this issue has come up for others.

I also have a P2V+v3 and find most of the info I need for it on one of those two sites. I wish I could help but I don't know much about your particular model.

Jerry

Reactions: Keifie
Hey always check you tube for videos of your same issues it doesn't take as long for a response and u can see if it's your issue. I guarantee someone has taken the time and frustration of showing you the fix

Hi All,

Im a complete novice when it comes to drone flying, so appologies in advance if i maybe asking some strange questions!

Ok, to summarise, i have a

DJI Phantom 2 drone
With a H3 3D gimbal and my gopro
Hero 4 silver attached to it and all connected up etc.

I have a 7" screen 5.8GHZ wireless receiver (its only an entry level one which I bought off ebay..... it says (Diversity LCD 5802) but i'm not sure if its an echines one or boscam ??

I have an imersion rc 5.8 transmitter ariel attached to my drone (bought it like this already installed) and i have the factory supplies 2 x atennas that screw onto the top of my wireless receiver (pointed upwards as per tips ive seen on the web)..... but im really struggling with poor picture image / interfearance!

Ive read the a4 piece of paper (which is effectively the manual) that comes with the receiver but the menu options on the receiver are basic and pretty self explanatory. In short, i press search and it scans channels for best picture. When it does this, theres a fair few channels that show what the gorpro is seeing..... BUT i get a lot of distortion and lines showing across the screen, and the very best i get looks like a still image and good quality, but then i get faint lines rolling slowly down the screen in the background. So it kind of goes from being very bad lines, to very faint lines...... but still lines nonetheless!

as soon as i have the drone in the air and fly it away from me (regardless of direction) after about 200 metres the picture then becomes so distorted i have to fly it back towards me ..... but even then the picture is poor and distorted.

I even rang a local radio controlled model shop who advised it maybe worth changing the setting on the receiver from PAL to NTSC (or vice-versa)..... but there is nowehere to select or navigate to for this on the receiver?

Is there sometjing i'm doing wrong or is it just worth me buying 2 x better ariels to put onto my receiver, as i hear the factory supplied ones normally arent great. If so..... which ones would be the best for me and from reading on the net, here are a lot to choose from and there are different options (like polarised)??

Again, im a complete beginner to all this so any help would be great.

Kind Regards,

Si.
Swap out the antenna on your screen, for some quality with the same polarization as your Vtx antenna. You also have noise, which can be fixed by adding an LC filter or by looping your gimbal control wire through a ferrous ring. Post some pics of your set up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax