Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

solder practice, need critique and input

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
im waiting for esc covers to start a first build so practicing this evening. I've done normal hobby soldering for years, was ok .. this small stuff it taking some practice.
this is just a junk board. im also checking this paracord for around vtx and rx wires... maybe lol.

anyway, these joints test out, look fat though... will they do? i want the real thing to be looking whistle clean... any pointers?

thanks
jj1508641404439605766023.jpg

those were of course to the back side of pins like on the right shown empty here. i have several of these slinder pads to do and I've got nothing like that to practice on. any tricks to doing the 1mm pads?
I'm running 750deg (800 on those +/- wires)
i think the board in the first picture got too hot. i may need to wait longer in between?15086450020721307835462.jpg

one last question, regarding the battery input to that pdb... wth? do i just fill solder in around the wire? can the wire come out horizontally to the board? seems shaped for right angle but I'd like it straight out the side... how do i solder this correctly?
thanks for any pointers
15086464745142047673175.jpg

yes, that's the procedure. i think I'm most worried about heat. what temp do yall run on say.. the square pads on esc's? do you run same temp on the iron for most all these joints?
thanks a ton for the replies guys

Reactions: Wayno52
thats what i needed to know Green, thank you sir! I'll have to try some 63/37 as well now. after years of radio shack irons, this new setup is so much easier (its more predictable) but a little practice yesterday got me close i guess. a little more practice today and ill be ready when the last bits arrive next week.
along with the esc covers is coming a new bnf micro (2") so its gonna be awesome!
thanks again Green!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput