Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Software Help For Dummies?

PhoenixFord

Reaction score
Hey Guy's

I've recently discovered that I have no clue what is going on when it comes to using this software. If I may, I would lie to dissect some of this stuff into small segments in an attempt to understand what certain things are (and do). Hope that someone can help me grasp what is going on.

Once again, please forgive my ignorance.

May I start with: DFU Mode and RFBL Mode. Can someone please give me some feedback on what they are for and when I may need to use them.
Thanks
Randy
IMG_0625.JPG

DFU mode is for flashing the firmware. Same thing as pressing the boot button. No idea about the other one!

I looked it up, it is raceflight boot loader. Apparently another boot loader that runs on top of the STM32 one in the chip!

Thank You Sir - Just FYI (you may not really care) But the Spektrum F400 Board doesn't have / need a boot button. I think it has a boot pin-out on the board for some reason. But didn't have to use them to flash firmware.

So basically used when flashing firmware to the FC. Would there be any reason to choose one over the other (that you know about).

Some boards have two pins you have to jump instead of a button (you can mount one). Sometimes flashing has worked for me without doing anything, other times I seemed to have trouble until I jumped the pins.

My feeling from the limited reading i have done... I don't know what RFBL does, it may run all the time. DFU is always used by your FC to flash firmware (sometimes automatically).

Reactions: PhoenixFord

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax