Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

so im finally gonna be getting my first race quad

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
after two years of flying and learning how to pilot a few diff sized drones i am ready for my first fpv racing/freestyle setup. ive done alot of research and it seems that the wizard 220s has more pros than cons as well as a number of great reviews i know the older frames arent true carbon fiber but they recently have been upgraded to carbon fiber as well as the side plates arent the strongest the vtx should be changed as well as the reciever other than that though it seems fast very responsive and fun and a great starting quad(i wanna mainly freestyle) not race much. Any pointers or tips on this product and or maybe a diff RTF package about the same price of something thats tested and true to be good. please nothing with naze 32 fc or anyhting garbage like that(my opinion) also 220mm is my preference. oh also i will not be purchasing the rtf with the garbage box goggles i am getting Fatshark dominator v3's
Thanks

There'd be some components that you could use, but it probably wouldn't be a simple plug and play thing...Best to either buy RTF or start from scratch with a definite plan.

im just stuck and confused as to what i should do i dont know how to solder that well and or build a drone the first time i get one. i dont know how to set up pids for a drone or tweak the specs in betaflight like that way overwelming right now for my first one i feel how would i do it
whats good and bad like esc's and flight controllers and recievers and vtx's

Reactions: Wayno52
Hey bronco, welcome to DRP and the wonderful and extremely daunting world of FPV. I am a reasonably new pilot myself ( under 12 months). This can be very overwhelming at first and it takes time to gain any confidence at all.
If you’re not good at soldering, like myself. RTF would seem like the best choice as it will supply you with everything you need to get started. Apart from goggles in most cases.
There are so many to choose from it is really hard to give advice. IMO you want a strong quad that will take a heap of crashes and get up again.
What is your budget to start with ?
Wayne

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Hey bronco, welcome to DRP and the wonderful and extremely daunting world of FPV. I am a reasonably new pilot myself ( under 12 months). This can be very overwhelming at first and it takes time to gain any confidence at all.
If you’re not good at soldering, like myself. RTF would seem like the best choice as it will supply you with everything you need to get started. Apart from goggles in most cases.
There are so many to choose from it is really hard to give advice. IMO you want a strong quad that will take a heap of crashes and get up again.
What is your budget to start with ?
Wayne
Thanks man yeah i agreed on all of that like im confidant in learning to solder because i ultimatly do wanna build my own soon (6months) but rtf is what im gonna get ive been really into the eachine wizard x220s for a long time and now recently found some problems not alot just ones that are serioius like not true carbon fiber wire shorts due to the led placement and just the bad vtx placement and the reciever being garbage ive ran into the what is said to be NEW arris x220 v2 the specs are great and i think its what im gonna go with comes with the radio link ats9 what is your input on this quad, brand and controller it does have the f4 omnibus which is what i want for my fc and the belhi-s 30-40 4-1 esc problem is i think it is really brand new because theres no reviews on it tons of em on the other versions but not the x220 v2 also my budget for the controller and quad is about $280

Welcome to the forum Bronco, coming from a "3 Wizard X220 owner", I think you would get a lot more out of this one, if you can get one before they go out of stock that is. I can tell you from experience with Eachine products that the quality on this one is going to be much better and may well serve you much better as a very nice starter quad. UAVFutures just released this so you may still stand a chance of getting one, before you can't, cause well, Stu said it's a great model and that will do it for sure.

Regards
Randy

Welcome to the forum Bronco, coming from a "3 Wizard X220 owner", I think you would get a lot more out of this one, if you can get one before they go out of stock that is. I can tell you from experience with Eachine products that the quality on this one is going to be much better and may well serve you much better as a very nice starter quad. UAVFutures just released this so you may still stand a chance of getting one, before you can't, cause well, Stu said it's a great model and that will do it for sure.

Regards
Randy

Thank you so much. Your info is much appreciated. It does look awesome and fast only thing I don't like is the design it's boring and the fc is only a f3. May be faster than I want too just cuz I'm gonna be more on the end of freestyle not racing. Thanks again though man it is a nice quad

Any thing bigger than an f3 is a waste on a race quad unless you plan to use gps and etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax