Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Smaller prop on Bigger drone

Marturashi

Reaction score
So I have been wondering.... What would happen if I put a 5 inch prop on a 6-7 inch quad?? Any benefits to this? Downsides??? I need to know some information before I do this. All help needed.

Benefits = you won't have that "floaty" feel that you get using 6 or 7 inch blades, your quad will fell more responsive and "locked in"

Downsides = you may have hot motors and premature wear. Think of it as gearing down on an automobile, driving around in 1st gear all day

Reactions: Wayno52
I have done it with no problems, flew just fine, motors actually ran cooler. I did set my raceflight fc to 5" instead of 6"

Reactions: Wayno52
Benefits = you won't have that "floaty" feel that you get using 6 or 7 inch blades, your quad will fell more responsive and "locked in"

Downsides = you may have hot motors and premature wear. Think of it as gearing down on an automobile, driving around in 1st gear all day
I have done it with no problems, flew just fine, motors actually ran cooler. I did set my raceflight fc to 5" instead of 6"

Its been working out quite well since I first threw the props on it. I have to say that I prefer this over a normal 5 inch. It just feels right!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput