Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Setup OSD without an FC ?

Alex753

Reaction score
Hey !

I'm working on an fpv configuration for an RC glider, I bought one VTX to work with an fpv camera that I already own and I was wondering how I would be able to configure an OSD on it ?
Will it even work if I power up the VTX with my battery output instead of the FC one ?

Thank's for your help, have a nice week end !

What model of camera and vtx are you using? And what functions do you want to see in your OSD?

You have a few options. You could get a camera with OSD showing battery voltage. Or you could go old school and install a MinumOSD module. Pretty complicated with some serious configuration. Or you could go with a flight controller that has BF OSD built in. Again, not the easiest if your glider doesn't have a fc. Personally, I'd just go with an upgraded camera

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
If you're just concerned about low battery voltage, just install a low battery buzzer. They're relatively inexpensive and you can hear it from far. You can adjust the threshold to the voltage value you want to be alerted so it will give you time to land and not kill your LiPo cells.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz