Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Self Level Modes

bhester91

Reaction score
So I am still new to the hobby and this may be a silly question, but I have been flying the Tinyhawk Freestyle for about a week now. I think I have been doing pretty well, but sometimes when I go to no throttle during flips or inverted look backs the quad will start to flop and tumble. I can usually recover this on my own, but there have been a few times where I can't and it plummets to the grass.

So my question is in this situation can I flip the switch to Horizon mode and let it recover to level on its own?

Also, is it normal for the quad to start tumbling like that? Should I leave a little bit of throttle in to prevent this?

So I am still new to the hobby and this may be a silly question, but I have been flying the Tinyhawk Freestyle for about a week now. I think I have been doing pretty well, but sometimes when I go to no throttle during flips or inverted look backs the quad will start to flop and tumble. I can usually recover this on my own, but there have been a few times where I can't and it plummets to the grass.

So my question is in this situation can I flip the switch to Horizon mode and let it recover to level on its own?

Also, is it normal for the quad to start tumbling like that? Should I leave a little bit of throttle in to prevent this?
Not sure about it self leveling when its already not level, but I'd use angle mode since you can't flip over. You can flip over in Horizon mode.
As for the tumbling, have you enabled permanent Airmode?

Reactions: bhester91
I guess that was the question I had was do I need to be level and on the ground when enabling horizon or angle mode. My thought was that if I could enable it mid air I could let off the sticks and keep a little throttle in and it would correct itself back to level then I could take over again.

I believe I do have airmode enabled. When it is armed the props continue to spin, but not a whole lot. When I get home today I will hook it up to betaflight and check.

Reactions: 1ikhan
I guess that was the question I had was do I need to be level and on the ground when enabling horizon or angle mode. My thought was that if I could enable it mid air I could let off the sticks and keep a little throttle in and it would correct itself back to level then I could take over again.

I believe I do have airmode enabled. When it is armed the props continue to spin, but not a whole lot. When I get home today I will hook it up to betaflight and check.
Ah I see. Yeah , use angle for when you want to relax and let the accelerometer do the leveling. Just make sure it's calibrated.

Reactions: bhester91

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onvlad85