Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Second time flying my TH2

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

I got my Tinyhawk II over two months ago and made one flight with it on the stock 1S 450 mah battery. I started a new job back then and haven't flown anything since (not even a sim). Just haven't had time or just too tired when I did. Today I flew it for the second time using 2S 300 mah batteries... Disappointed with the flight times of between two and a half to three minutes.
On my very first crash, three of the props fell off. Virtually every other crash lost at least one prop...
Just curious what others have done to keep the props on their Tinyhawks. This is my only whoop that losses props in a crash...

EDIT:
The video from the Fat Sharks isn't very good to start with, but it looks alot worse after uploading to Youtube...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I got my Tinyhawk II over two months ago and made one flight with it on the stock 1S 450 mah battery. I started a new job back then and haven't flown anything since (not even a sim). Just haven't had time or just too tired when I did. Today I flew it for the second time using 2S 300 mah batteries... Disappointed with the flight times of between two and a half to three minutes.
On my very first crash, three of the props fell off. Virtually every other crash lost at least one prop...
Just curious what others have done to keep the props on their Tinyhawks. This is my only whoop that losses props in a crash...

EDIT:
The video from the Fat Sharks isn't very good to start with, but it looks alot worse after uploading to Youtube...
You’re killing it. Practice, practice, crash, rebuild and practice some more. At least you’re not crashing into trees like someone I know...

I have found that a tiny drop of blue Loctite keeps my props on until they need to be replaced from cracking or chipping. I got tired of losing props myself and this works really well.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
@HighTechPauper No cracks in any of them and the floss sounds like a quick, cheap, easy fix, thanks.

@tevek Thanks, and you had to say something about not crashing into trees...
From yesterday. I finally got the external DVR recorder I got from banggood to record the output of my Fatsharks. I had to make a custom cable as the video and ground signals were reversed from normal... Records at 720p.

@ebeez May need to look into after market props. Have you found any that increase flight time?

@graywoulf I don't have any of the Loctite but appreciate the suggestion. I don't know that I will fly it much anymore on the 2s batts as they drop to under half voltage within first 10 to 15 seconds if you push it much as you can see in the above vid. Really disappointed with the flight times of the TH2... I have some 1s 525mAh HV batts I will try next.

Does anyone know if using a capacitor will get rid of the horizontal inteference in the video?
It is not there when not flying.

• Sad
Reactions: tevek
@HighTechPauper No cracks in any of them and the floss sounds like a quick, cheap, easy fix, thanks.

From yesterday. I finally got the external DVR recorder I got from banggood to record the output of my Fatsharks. I had to make a custom cable as the video and ground signals were reversed from normal... Records at 720p.

@ebeez May need to look into after market props. Have you found any that increase flight time?

@graywoulf I don't have any of the Loctite but appreciate the suggestion. I don't know that I will fly it much anymore on the 2s batts as they drop to under half voltage within first 10 to 15 seconds if you push it much as you can see in the above vid. Really disappointed with the flight times of the TH2... I have some 1s 525mAh HV batts I will try next.

Does anyone know if using a capacitor will get rid of the horizontal inteference in the video?
Sorry about putting the hex on you, unfortunately it happens. My efforts are usually on the last pack when you are getting a bit of speed and confidence up and it always the furthest distance from where i'm sitting and flying from. Always. And just before nightfall when it's about to rain...

• Haha
Sorry about putting the hex on you, unfortunately it happens. My efforts are usually on the last pack when you are getting a bit of speed and confidence up and it always the furthest distance from where i'm sitting and flying from. Always. And just before nightfall when it's about to rain...
For me this time I was lucky. It was thirty feet away and it fell to the ground when I disarmed it...
In the first video in the post, I flew about five packs and the last one was fairly dark and I hit the trunk of the big tree and lost a prop. I used a flashlight to look for it but even in daylight the next day I could not find it. I think it is between tree limbs somewhere up where I can't reach to see. Not worth pulling out a ladder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that I will fly it much anymore on the 2s batts as they drop to under half voltage within first 10 to 15 seconds if you push it much as you can see in the above vid. Really disappointed with the flight times of the TH2... I have some 1s 525mAh HV batts I will try next.
Back before I slammed into a steel I-beam at full speed and started getting constant RX LOSS errors, I had the same issue with the 2S battery voltage dropping as soon as I took off. Got maybe 2 minutes of flight time. I haven't tried it, but I read of a lot of people changing the battery connector to an XT-30 to keep that from happening. Seems awfully big for a TH2, but maybe worth a try.

no increase in flight time unfortunately

• Sad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax