Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Rx problem, lights on but nobody’s home

Squiggle

Reaction score
So I’ve finally got my first drone built, hooked up to betaflight, motors & FC in the right orientation & running the right way, now I’m getting no signal on betaflight for the receiver. As the heading says, lights on but nobody’s home. I’m using a DX6 with a Redcon CM703 (bg link below). The binding process went according to plan, got all solid lights & threw it in the quad. Now, the light is on all the time, with or without the controller being on, so I’m thinking it the rx & not a problem in the betaflight settings. What do you guys think?

REDCON CM703 2.4GHZ 7CH DSM2 DSMX Compatible Receiver With Satellite PPM PWM Output Sale - Banggood Mobile

I believe I did, but I have no idea what I’m doing & none of the YouTube vids are for my rx &/or fc/esc so I’m not sure it’s right.

So what settings did you pick for Receiver and Provider? Here is mine for instance, and if I read things correctly, yours would probably be set to Provider SPEKTRUM1024 or SPEKTRUM2048 I would think if it is DSM2/DSMX compat.

upload_2018-2-22_23-53-52.png

So for Serial Receiver Provider, you have Spektrum2048 selected? (Spektrum1024 is for DSM2 receivers) Also, have you enabled the correct UART under RX in the Ports tab?
upload_2018-2-23_9-44-35.jpeg

Yeah I have set those parameters, but my tab pages are a bit different to the ones above. I’m using version 10 of betaflight so I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

In the ports tab I have an extra confit setting line called “USB” above the three UART lines & that was set as on, the UART1 is also on & the UART3 serial switch is on, is this correct?

In the config tab it is set to SPEKTRUM & SBUS, as I wired the rx to the SBUS tab on the FC board, but I will change that to 2048 when I get home. I did try those setting before but no joy.

Now I just want to also check I have the rx wired up properly, what is the correct colour orientation on the FC? I have a black, grey & orange wire, I’m guessing the black is ground but wasn’t sure on the other two. I’m so used to the old black, white & red wires that are pretty simple to wire up.

Ahaha, your Redcon receiver is only PPM output, no sBus. No big deal, in the Configuration Tab for the receiver type dropdown use “PPM RX Input”. Also, what flight controller are you using?

So I’ve given up on the satellite & wired up the base rx, it’s a bit bigger but at least the light goes on & off when I turn on my tx. The only problem is that I still can’t see the signal in betaflight, I changed the config to “PPM RX input” but there’s still nadda in the receiver tab. I’m running out of ideas, I just need to rx to talk to the fc, waaaaaa!!!! :(

So I’ve given up on the satellite & wired up the base rx, it’s a bit bigger but at least the light goes on & off when I turn on my tx. The only problem is that I still can’t see the signal in betaflight, I changed the config to “PPM RX input” but there’s still nadda in the receiver tab. I’m running out of ideas, I just need to rx to talk to the fc, waaaaaa!!!! :(
Post some screenshots of your Rx tabs

Bugger!! That would explain that problem. Guess I’ll just have to wait for a replacement satellite, I’ve just ordered an SMP4648, should be here in a couple of days. Fingers crossed that this one will work.

Bugger!! That would explain that problem. Guess I’ll just have to wait for a replacement satellite, I’ve just ordered an SMP4648, should be here in a couple of days. Fingers crossed that this one will work.
Good plan

Reactions: Squiggle
DAD08D9F-A002-4520-829D-A15B66BF5D35.jpeg Ok, my next question is where do I get the 3v on my fc for the new satellite? I can’t see anywhere on it that says 3v, only 5v.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax