Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Rx problem, lights on but nobody’s home

His esc's were receiving pitch and yaw commands

Correct & also, my fc & esc’s are AOI, there is no signal wire

Try not to get discouraged @Squiggle, any one of 20 or so things not set properly and.... you know. We have all been through it. It all comes together and gets easier, just takes a while

Thanks @VirtueViolater, I’m not getting discouraged, just frustrated..............& impatient, lol. I’ve had trouble like this before so I completely understand, when brushless stuff first come out I had a devil of a time programming the first one I bought for my planes. That was back when the tx inputs were used to setup the controllers, nothing was a simple USB connection. I had to do a few commands with the throttle to get the esc’s into program mode & then adjust & count the beeps, those were the days, hahaha.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Sounds like maybe you have accidentally changed a throttle setting in your transmitter? Possibly endpoints?

Last edited:
I did adjust the endpoints to 1000 & 2000 as suggested, what else could I have done?
Was the throttle bar moving in BF?
Also, have you put props on it and tried it? (out side of course)
They act really weird with props off

Was the throttle bar moving in BF?
Also, have you put props on it and tried it? (out side of course)
They act really weird with props off

Yes & yes, still no joy.

So the fc is receiving the throttle signal, just not getting to the motors

Weird that its just the throttle input, does't sound right. Gotta be a bad FC/ESC, my best guess
So... everything works (as far as the bars in betaflight) when you pitch roll etc, the corresponding bar moves?

Weird that its just the throttle input, does't sound right. Gotta be a bad FC/ESC, my best guess
So... everything works (as far as the bars in betaflight) when you pitch roll etc, the corresponding bar moves?

I really hope that’s not the case.

Yeah all moves normally.

Try using 990, a little less than 1000, may work

I tried that last night & still nothing.

What aio is it?
It could possibly be a splash (or tiny speck) of solder shorting a trace on the board somewhere, something like that, or a bad board

What aio is it?
It could possibly be a splash (or tiny speck) of solder shorting a trace on the board somewhere, something like that, or a bad board

It’s a Racerstar StarF3S

I’ll have a look when I get home from work. I was pretty careful about that but it sounds like a possibility

Also, I’ve tried to flash the board but it keeps saying the port connection failed & then I can’t reconnect, I have to unplug the quad & plug it back in to reconnect

So I’ve ordered another board & it will be here in a week or two. Let’s see if that’s the problem.

Well, I bought a new FC unit & managed to flash both the FC & the ESCs, put it in the quad & the motors spun backwards same as last time, but this time I reversed them in BL_HELI configurator. So everything was going to plan until I hit the throttle after disconnecting from betaflight, STILL NOTHING!! I don’t know what to do now, I’ve replaced everything except the TX & the chassis & still no throttle response. I’ve emailed Racerstar about 4 or 5 times & not getting any response from them, which is seriously p***ing me off! I’m trying to stay positive but I am so close to throwing the thing against the wall & walking away, lucky I have my E010S to keep me focused & not loosing my s**t.

Please, can anyone help me figure this out, it can’t be that hard, I must be missing something.

I got this unit cause the dude from UAVFutures said it was very easy to setup, boy was he wrong, I’ve got a habit of making simple things incredibly hard, lol.

Last edited:
Yep, a green one & a red one, & there’s some beeps when I plug in the battery too.

Yes & it still does what the other board did, when I arm it the motors spin slowly & then rev when I move the yaw, pitch & roll controls, just nothing when I move the throttle control.

Even if I choose ONESHOT, MULTISHOT or DSHOT, same result, all other controls respond except throttle.

It does this with props on? I't may be the throttle stick on your transmitter?
Doe's the trottle bar move in BF when testing?

Same with props on & it can’t be the TX cause it’s fine for my E010S whoop. Everything works fine in betaflight, bars move as they should.

Awesome news, I got the quad working!! YAY!!!

I deleted the old model on my TX & created a new one, re-entered all the values & adjust everything back to where it was before & everything worked. It armed, I’ve got throttle & she is a weapon, omg it’s fast! Thanks everyone for all your help, you guys have no idea how much I appreciate it. :)

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232