Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Rusty.

Let me guess, limited time to fly, a small gap in the weather, rusty for the first couple of packs and it all turns to shite. If it’s any consolation, on R & R, weather is rubbish and I lined up three of my quads to have a run. Amongst that are three loads of washing, chop kindling, gather sticks and peel spuds for dinner. All went well and I actually was going to post up some footage. Nope... last pack of course, straight into a tree where I managed to whipper sniper it out of the tree crown, and it shot off into a tree trunk at a thousand miles an hour. No damage remarkably but I just went back inside and parked it all up. Maybe tomorrow, but there’s more rain on the way.

Haha, yeah mate you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Seems each time I go out its been so long I have to start again.
Thank you for jumping in and telling me about your RNR mate.
I will keep flying when I can but it's hard to find time.
Sorry to hear about the crappy weather back home, hopefully you can get some packs in tomorrow.
When are you off again?

Haha, yeah mate you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Seems each time I go out its been so long I have to start again.
Thank you for jumping in and telling me about your RNR mate.
I will keep flying when I can but it's hard to find time.
Sorry to hear about the crappy weather back home, hopefully you can get some packs in tomorrow.
When are you off again?
Yeah, it’s like learning all over again. Wife is very understanding but there’s always other stuff to deal with. Hoping to be back at home on the 4th of September, but that can change on fly out day.... I’m taking the chameleon out tomorrow on the way to Perth, if I total it, I’m out of here.

Oh I really want one. What are you flying it on? 4/5/6s?
On 4S at the moment, kind of restricted for wide open spaces at the moment to drop the boot into it. Found a large footy oval in Manjimup so I’ll see how that goes. Truly is head and shoulders over my other gear, workmanship is worth the entry fee. Snappy and solid.

I really like my Armattans, 5" Rooster and a 6" ChamTi, but stick to 4s as they are not well rated for 6s, once I ran a 6s on the Rooster she has given me trouble ever since. I really need to sit down and change some parts to figure out what is wrong with it, could be the RX or the FC, when I take off and go to fly around she will go to full throttle and I have to disarm, its scary stuff.

I really like my Armattans, 5" Rooster and a 6" ChamTi, but stick to 4s as they are not well rated for 6s, once I ran a 6s on the Rooster she has given me trouble ever since. I really need to sit down and change some parts to figure out what is wrong with it, could be the RX or the FC, when I take off and go to fly around she will go to full throttle and I have to disarm, its scary stuff.
Well I’ve never tried anything other than 4S and I would need to go through the specs to see what the escs, FC are good for. Just returned from running the 6” Ti and had to leave when a bunch of school kids turned up, lot of fun while it lasted. I treat this quad like a flying four armed chainsaw and give it a lot respect, had a close call with my Hawk 5 and have been wary ever since. WRT to your problem, not sure if it’s of any help, but I mucked around with different cap batteries on my baby hawk r pro and it started playing up big time. Ended pulling an older cli file and pasting it into the FC. A couple of minor tweaks and it was good again.

Thanks for the ideas Tevek, before I sit down to troubleshoot it I plan to add a cap, reflash and reload the default CLI, and reconfigure the bare minimum for flight by hand before I try to isolate the indications again, over time it gets hard to remember exactly what the situation and indications were. I know in the beginning it flew on 6s but any hard acceleration before the battery would wear down a little and she would flip of death, but I could cruise and be slow and shallow with my punches and she would be fine. I did mess with the ESC settings a bit to see if it could be cured without adding a cap, but then she started doing the full throttle thing and did it on 4s even after I put the ESC settings back to stock. I assume right now that that is because the RX is telling it to go to full throttle, or the FC thinks it is being told to, or is just doing it on it's own. I knoiw that the FC and ESC's are rated to 6s, but the motors on mine (Titans and Velvets) are only rated to 4s. Nothing else gets vBat since RX, cam and vTX are off the FC regs, so I really think the RX and FC are the most likely suspects. It is a scary thing to test because you need to be over a grassy field, you need to hover it LOS and play with it to see what happens. When I do, it goes to full throttle at some point pretty quickly, and it can often be 100+ feet high before she gets disarmed, loses momentum, and falls to the ground. It can only do that so many times before it starts taking more damage in broke arms or broken electronics, so it is a delicate dance.

Small correction in my statement above...
CLRacingF4 boards are 6s rated from Revision 1.2 and higher, I think the 1.0 and 1.1 boards are only 4s rated.

Thanks for the ideas Tevek, before I sit down to troubleshoot it I plan to add a cap, reflash and reload the default CLI, and reconfigure the bare minimum for flight by hand before I try to isolate the indications again, over time it gets hard to remember exactly what the situation and indications were. I know in the beginning it flew on 6s but any hard acceleration before the battery would wear down a little and she would flip of death, but I could cruise and be slow and shallow with my punches and she would be fine. I did mess with the ESC settings a bit to see if it could be cured without adding a cap, but then she started doing the full throttle thing and did it on 4s even after I put the ESC settings back to stock. I assume right now that that is because the RX is telling it to go to full throttle, or the FC thinks it is being told to, or is just doing it on it's own. I knoiw that the FC and ESC's are rated to 6s, but the motors on mine (Titans and Velvets) are only rated to 4s. Nothing else gets vBat since RX, cam and vTX are off the FC regs, so I really think the RX and FC are the most likely suspects. It is a scary thing to test because you need to be over a grassy field, you need to hover it LOS and play with it to see what happens. When I do, it goes to full throttle at some point pretty quickly, and it can often be 100+ feet high before she gets disarmed, loses momentum, and falls to the ground. It can only do that so many times before it starts taking more damage in broke arms or broken electronics, so it is a delicate dance.
Well I’m a babe in the woods for this type of problem except through trial and error. Nothing is shorting out on your frame allowing full full signal to your esc’s or something loose in the stack doing the same the same thing. Your throttle mid and end points looking ok? From the little I know, your PIDs shouldn’t be an isssue although I’ve read that out of whack settings cause the throttle runaway issues you have. Reflashing your FC seemed to fix a few of those issues.
I’m running CLR4 3.5.7 on mine, Underdog 2306/2150 kv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix