Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Runcam swift 2

Sambo1988

Reaction score
hi all

I have to old run cam swift Which has just died I’m wanting to get the rotor riot swift 2 and I have noticed they have different conctors the swift 2 having more cables and a bigger connector will it be a simple install

Thanks

Yes, you can connect the same as your old swift. There is one extra blue wire, that just gets connected to the positive side of your battery for OSD. The port with the 2 wire plug is for plugging in the programming board.

That’s great guys thank you

My other question is that my current swift is connected through the F.C. do I need to connect the new one through the flight controller or can I just connect it straight to the Vtx
Thanks

hi Guys

ok so this is how my current swift 1 is set up.
IMG_0430.jpg

and a i right in setting up the new swift 2 like this
IMG_0429.jpg
i can't seem to see anything for audio on my current vtx.

thanks

sam

The only thing I've done differently in my wiring is that I have the Swift connected to the 5 volt out of the vtx instead of to the pdb

Ok that’s great but being a noob if I was to follow the above image would this be ok I don’t think I’ll bother with the mic as I see not real benefit for me at the moment.

I my even use the 3 pin connector that comes with the swift 2 and not use the vbat would this be ok

Thanks

That'll work fine, the only reason I power the camera from the vtx is that I know I'm getting clean filtered power. I don't know what PDB you are using, but if it's just supplying straight unfiltered power, it may cause a bit of video distortion.

I’m not sure what PDB it is. I brought the quad second hand. But I don’t get any issues as it is so I’m hoping it will be ok looking at the drawing will my vtx power my cam

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput