Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Review of my parts list for 1st build

mattewp

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wonder if some of you would mind giving me your opinions/advice on a build I am planning.

I've been flying a toy drone, U818A, for the last six months and I'm excited to build my first FPV racer. My focus isn't really racing so much as flying fast with full control, but I might try to find a local race or two. I have experience with building electromechanical systems so I'm not worried about the complexities of the build but the volume of information and choices is a little overwhelming.

I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind look at this build list and seeing if it looks reasonable and the parts are compatible.

Frame: [Realacc X210](Realacc X210 214mm 3mm/4mm Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame w/ Matek PDB-XT60 5V & 12V) This choice is based mostly off aesthetics and the fact it has a mount to help me angle the camera. I'm a little concerned there is limited space for a stack up that includes a 4in1 ESC board.

Motors: [Racestar racing edition](4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor 2 CW & 2 CCW For QAV250 ZMR250) Seem like a good compromise between price and power.

ESCs: Not sure whether to go with the [Racerstar RS20Ax4 20A](Racerstar RS20Ax4 20A 4 in 1 Blheli_S Opto ESC 2-4S Support Dshot150 Dshot300 for FPV Racer) or the [Racerstar RS20Ax4 V2 20A](Racerstar RS20Ax4 V2 20A BB2 48MHz Blheli_S 2-4S 4 in 1 Opto ESC Support Oneshot42 Multishot 16.5 Dshot600). 20A seem plenty for my first build. The difference is BB1 vs BB2 and $10. Will I notice the upgrade between BB1 and BB2?

PDB: [Matek Systems PDB-XT60](Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V 2oz Copper For RC Multirotors) Doesn't seem to matter.

Flight Controller: [F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF](F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for Multirotor Racing) Not sure what to take into account here. I plan to use clean flight to program it.

Camera: [Eachine 1000TVL](Eachine 1000TVL 1/3 CCD 110 Degree 2.8mm Lens Mini FPV Camera NTSC PAL Switchable) Seems like it is reasonable without stepping up to the more expensive brand name cameras.

VTX: [Eachine VTX03](Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8G 72CH 0/25mW/50mw/200mW Switchable FPV Transmitter) Is the antenna on this reasonable.

Remote: [FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7](FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter Black White Blue Orange Green Purple Mode 1 Mode 2) The community seems pretty excited about this.

Receiver: [FrSky XSR 2.4GH](FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver S-Bus CPPM Output Support X9D X9E X9DP X12S X Series) I'm not sure what to look for here. Are the antenna reasonable? Will it work with the Q X7?

Blades: [Racerstar FishBone 5041](10 Pairs Racerstar FishBone 5041 3 Blade Racing Propeller 5.0mm Mounting Hole For 2205 2206 Motor) Do these have a major impact?

Battery: [Infinity 1300mah](Infinity 1300mah 14.8V 90C 4S1P Race Spec Lipo Battery) Seems to get positive reviews

FPV goggles: [Eachine EV800](Eachine EV800 5 Inches 800x480 FPV Goggles 5.8G 40CH Raceband Auto-Searching Build In Battery) Really cheaping out here, but this is getting expensive.

Antenna for goggle: [Foxeer 5.8G](Foxeer 5.8G 3dBi TX/RX RHCP Omni FPV Antenna RP-SMA/SMA) The antenna looks like a really weakness in those goggles.

I'd appreciate some advice on this build plan.

Thanks,
Matthew

Everything looks good. I would swap the PDB for a Matek HUBOSD so you get OSD in your goggles. Also, the Goggles Two are worth the cost over the EV800 to me, because they are so much more comfortable and have a better (diversity) receiver. I own both and like both, but the Goggles Two are awesome.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely take your advice on the HUBOSD and cleanflight.

The goggle 2 raise the cost of this project by $100 so I'm a little wary of that. How about the quanum v2 pro paired with a diversity receiver like the Boscam FR632. Would that be similar to the quality of the goggle 2? That would only raise the cost of my build by $60

Thanks,
Matthew

Ah, I didn't know the EV800 were still that cheap? EV800 were $55 for a while but typically more like $80. Goggles Two were $155 while I was looking but I haven't looked lately.

EV800 are pretty darn good anyways, I still use mine because I added a DVR in there and use it for a spectator screen. I have a thread on here about the DVR mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax