Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Replacing an OG Flight Controler

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Build thread:
I have a V2 Sköll that has taken a beating and had an issue with voltage leaking through the camera connection, putting voltage through/to the camera video out from the FC.
I cooked three runcam swift 2 cameras before I found the issue.

I needed to replace the FC
I bought 4 Helio Spring AIO boards just as they became scarce so replacement on hand. I like the feel and have two RTF builds from www.theflynoguys.com built early last year, that have this FC.

Running butterflight

So heres my rebuild:
- new runcam swift 2
- new OEM FC
20200330_144327.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I desoldered all the accessories and pulled the FC away.
This 4in1 Dalrc Engine 40A ESC is a real trooper and still running perfectly.
I needed to match the wiring to the new FC.
There is a plug into the ESC which is turned sideways so keeping track of the wiring reduces work remapping motors later.
20200329_171841.jpg
I color marked each wire!
20200329_172422.jpg

I am quite sure the admin report of 129 views is accurate, i just think most are Guests and have nothing to add or say.

There are so many to chose from, I would sort through these first. I am really starting to like RDQ more than GetFPV most of the time.

Reactions: Futuramille
Those are good looking esc HTP!
It weighs a couple grams more but I'm tempted to put a newbeedrone infinity FC200 in it. large overkill but.. Using this in my new 5"
1586205942957617277533418888778.jpg
Other than a bit more $ more.. this stack should be beefy. Any draw back going this way?
I like the esc to FC plugs so should have said I was looking for a stack.
The spedix above looks right but the matching FC is sold out.
I might get the spedix too and see if zi can make it work with the HGLRC F420 FC. This is my second blown HGLRC 4in1 so.. we now know it won't stand up to Nates crash record. The red was nice.

So since I had the question, I figured Id share what I learned from HTP in a wonderful fun side conversation.
Randy, keep me straight and help me where I still misunderstand.

Having a higher amp esc gains little. think of it as a water pipe. bigger sprinklers (motors) take more volume, more water and shoot farther. small pipes work perfect for small spinklers.. around the flower beds and such. Think volume!

It doesn't matter the size of the pipe (amp rating) if you suddenly clog the pipe (crash and the blades stop with power on) it's a "hit" "wave" "shock" to the pipes. your "jackhammering" a system meant for smooth flow. do this too many times or even once and you face replacing pipes.
ESC is an electronic regulator of electrical energy.. a pipe.

Nate says " I just need to crash better"... eg shut the power off in a timely manner but.. he reminded me that there's a 'never disengage' rule to consider.
This is too much fun to be legal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya