Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Replaced Motor and ECS - Flies perfectly in acro but not in stabilized modes

tekgecko

Reaction score
I replaced a broken motor and ESC of my quad (slightly different to the others I have on there but the same spec)

When flying in acro mode it works perfectly, but if I switch to any mode that has auto leveling on it starts to wobble until it becomes unstable and crashes.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Sound like a bad gyro to me. This begs the question: why use an auto level mode at all?
That's what I feared, the Gyro is in the FC so that would need replacing. I am quite new to acro mode still so like the option to switch back to a more stable flight mode

That's what I feared, the Gyro is in the FC so that would need replacing. I am quite new to acro mode still so like the option to switch back to a more stable flight mode
My advice: stop using stable all together. It teaches bad habits. Fly within your ability, but right at the edge. Every time you save your craft by putting in stable you've missed a chance at learning how to correct.

When I teach people how to fly, I give them a max of 3-5 packs on stable, then they get thrown in the deep end

My advice: stop using stable all together. It teaches bad habits. Fly within your ability, but right at the edge. Every time you save your craft by putting in stable you've missed a chance at learning how to correct.

When I teach people how to fly, I give them a max of 3-5 packs on stable, then they get thrown in the deep end
Okay fair play will give it a go

Reactions: rtkDarling
I forgot to ask you what version of Betaflight you're running, and do you know what your pid loop is running at? If you have a really slow PID loop, your low pass filters might be causing interference. This would be a very uncommon scenario, but it's possible. (I think)
I have to say I'm not an expert here. Here's a link if you're curious

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax