Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Reflexes after 2.5 weeksmuscle

Wayno52

Reaction score
Ok so I am finally airborne again after nearly 3 weeks. I now have new runcam swift mini in my baby and it is good but I need to tweak it a bit. I just got back from what actually turned out to be a quite stressful 4 packs. I realised it would take a bit to focus again but omg.
By about half of my last pack I was fried.
We all talk about muscle memory playing a big part in this but I now realise that it is huge.
I hit the ground, I hit branches, heck I almost hit myself at one point.
Two things came out of it.
1. These birds deserve respect.
2. Muscle memory is paramount for what we do.

No animals were harmed during these flights.

Please read the product disclosure before purchasing.

If you are interested please call 1800 flydaily.

For complaints department please call 1800 missedaweekor2.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Lol you guys!

Me too Wayne, the last 3 days I have flown.
I used to remember thinking "how could I get that rusty overnight?"
Just imagine what my flying has been like after a couple of weeks off!

On the bright side though, a friend invited me to a RC Waffle (they can't call them Raffles cause that's a no no apparently).
Anyway, I won like the first 4 out of 6 Waffles and raked in a bunch of great stuff so now I get to build my first from scratch.
I will share here in a bit once I get all the parts in and get started.

Mmmmm waffles. Yeah Virtue it will be tough for sure for a few packs. I flew again late yesterday and not so bad but you have missed a lot of air time. Upside is you’ve been flying longer so I’m sure by half way through first pack you’ll be all over it.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
That’s awesome Randy. Will be looking forward to build post. What size you thinking of?
It's already decided by the Waffle Gods (Yum) they were kind enough to let me win the following...

Lumenier QAV Skitzo Dark Matter frame (it is a 5 inch)
TBS Hypetrain motors
RaceFlight Skitzo V3 F4 FC
RaceFlight Skitzo Black Bolt ESC
RunCam Eagle 2 Pro Lumenier Edition White
TBS Unify HV

This was the winnings of 2 waffles, frame and motors in one, and all the other stuff in the second, all I have to add is a RX, vTX antenna, and props. Not bad huh?!?

And I also snagged...

FrSky Taranis QX7s in a 3rd waffle (been wanting Hall Effect gimbals and now I got em!)

and

Aomway Commanders in a 4th waffle (these and the Eagle 2 Pro are both 16:9 capable so that will be cool)

And I flew the last 3 days!

Lucky lucky guy right here! ;)

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Thanks mate, you will be coming along on this build too, and if I ever get over there or u make it here, brother we are going to rip em all!

Reactions: Wayno52
It left Taiwan on the 3rd, but nothing yet, I’m more hopeful everyday now. Maybe it will show up today in time for me to mod a couple things and maiden it, supposed to be 65 today before rain moves in tomorrow. Wish me luck brother!

Oh btw what mods?

They come with the esc's zip tied to the bare carbon fiber arm, ties come off and foam tape goes under the esc's and then electrical tape. That is the only thing I can tell from the pictures I see, will give it a look over for any other sketchy things with regards to sturdiness when it arrives but that is all I plan to do before the maiden anyway.

Yeah, should have its good and bad points about this one, I will wait till mine gets here before I say much, and they are already shipping new hardware sets to every single buyer of the frame or RTF. That being said, as usual 95 percent say it is extreme in every way and can be "difficult" to get together as Leroux intended. They say it may not be a frame for novice builders and that what makes it difficult to get assembled just right is also what helps make the unibody so strong, but it doesn't go together simply so they are saying. You know the dumbest yell loudest sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax