Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Reducing Noise in FPV Feed

tj272004

Reaction score
Hello! The other day I was flying and all was going pretty well and then I accidentally disarmed my quad and it crashed. Thankfully, nothing broke! However, when I tried to fly again I noticed some noise in the FPV feed. When I got home and tested it I noticed as I increased throttle, the noise increased. I did some research and figured out the possible problems and have ruled out a few. I know it is not because of props because when I took the props off and increased throttle, the noise was still there. I also know (or am at least pretty sure) it is not because of a bad tune because the quad flew perfectly fine before. I just ordered a new camera (RunCam Swift 2) and VTX (AKK X2) (not because of the noise, I just wanted better components then the stock ones), I also ordered a 1000uf 35V capacitor. I was planning on putting the capacitor on the battery pads on my PDB and also powering both the Runcam and the VTX off of the same 12V port on my PDB (so they have common gorund) and I will also plug my signal ground from my VTX into the ground port right by the OSD ports on the Omnibus F4 and will wrap the signal ground and the signal (I read online that it can help). I know people use LC filters, but I didn't really feel like spending the extra little bit and also I read that it only targets the noise when it tries to reach the feed and it doesn't actually reduce it. Will this be enough to stop the noise?

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax