Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Recommendations for FC/ESC setup

Squiggle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve been using my Racerstar StarF3S for a bit now & after a couple of incidents with a tree(my race gates) I had an issue with the artificial horizon on the OSD turning 90degrees cause the drone to try to fly sideways & causing me to crash more often(yes I was in horizon mode & I know I need to learn to fly acro but I’m still not very confident flying through my gates in acro). I had a big crash & the quad rolled into the creek in my paddock, good thing was that the battery flew off before the quad hit the water & after spending a few days in a bag of rice I powered it up & everything works fine ........sort of. I’m still not confident the horizon problem won’t reoccur so what I’m wondering is what are your recommendations for a new FC/ESC & is it better to get individual units, AIOs or a complete flytower/stack unit?

Trying to fly gates in horizon is extremely difficult imo. Just take the plunge and go to acro. Take it slow and easy you will pick it up in a day.
What are you flying?

So I’ve been looking around & im tossing up between a Eachine StackX or a Hobbywing Xrotor FC/ESC stack, anybody know about these?

Also, tell me what you have & how you rate it, I’m keen to get some feedback on what people are using & what they think of it. :)

Yeah I was looking at their stack but it’s only 20mm square & my quad is 30.5mm, are there adapters available for that? Maybe I could get one 3D printed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax