Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Receiver not read by flight controller/not recognized in Betaflight

Jamie34

Reaction score
Hi all, I am still new to this hobby and have been trying to get my drone up and running for about a month now. I have tried about everything, except when I plug my quad and battery into betaflight I am not getting any transmitter inputs. The TX i have is the frsky x9lite, and I updated it to be d16 compatible. I have the green light on the XM plus receiver indicating that everything is bound. I am sure the wiring is correct as I have followed the diagram provided with the "iFlight SucceX-E 2-6S 30x30 Stack/Combo (F4 FC, 45A 4in1)" Is there any way I could have downloaded the wrong firmware on the flight controller? I can spin the motors through betaflight so I think it has to be the right software? I also heard something about it could possibly be the Smart audio cable is causing this problem? Not sure what to do next as I've tried everything I can find on the internet. I have replaced the receiver and no luck, I've also posted about this before and was just told to replace the receiver. If providing more information is helpful to you all please just tell me what info to post. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Jamie

If you are getting the green light on the receiver, then your receiver is most likely not a problem. It means that it is bound to your transmitter properly. The issue could be that the telemetry wire from the receiver is not connected to the proper solder pad on your flight controller, or you are not set up with the right protocol that your transmitter is using, or even it is not set up with the right port (UART) in BetaFlight. FrSky XM+ receiver uses SBUS protocol I believe, which needs to be set to serial rx on the UART in BetaFlight. That particular port corresponds to the Rx pad on your Flight Controller. The user guide or schematic for your FC should show you which solder pad can be used for SBUS and you MUST wire it to that one. Once everything is hooked up properly, you should see the response to stick movements of your transmitter to the corresponding channels in the BetaFlight receiver section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas