Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

receiver not binding

korpaczov

Reaction score
Hi All!
I have Frsky XM+ Micro receiver and for some reason I cannot bind it with my Trasmitter Taranis X9D plus 2019 (EU-LBT)
Following the steps from MANY youtube tutorials - I downloaded the latest firmware for the receiver from FrSky website and flashed it (also, LBT Version)
Whenever I try to bind the receiver with transmitter I'm getting green and red solid lights. It seems to be some kind of firmware mismatch between receiver and trasmitter??
I'll add that it's is my second quad - the first one has exactly the same receiver and I managed to bind it without any problems.
I uploaded the latest 2.3.7 version into my radio but no luck.
Does anyone have any idea how I could possibly deal with it?
Any help is much appreciated - thank you!

Last edited:
Well.. Problem solved! Thank you to Randy who helped me out!

To anyone who struggles with the same problem, All I had to do is go back to FrSky website and download the older version XM+170313 and bind it!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Well.. Problem solved! Thank you to Randy who helped me out!

To anyone who struggles with the same problem, All I had to do is go back to FrSky website and download the older version XM+170313 and bind it!
Thia means that you had to flash the receiver?

FrSky now not only have EU and FCC, but also 2 different and incompatible versions of ACCST.
So you must make sure that not only the region matches but V1/V2 too.

FrSky now not only have EU and FCC, but also 2 different and incompatible versions of ACCST.
So you must make sure that not only the region matches but V1/V2 too.
Can't I just flash the internal module instead of flashing the receiver (It will be simplier: I know there is the chance to over energize the xm+ with the transmitter battery and burn it)?
Or is It a problem relating also to the firmware age?

You can flash the internal module to the newer version instead of flashing the receiver to older yes, but if you have other receivers then you need to flash all of them as well.

Voltage depends on what radio and battery you have.

You can flash the internal module to the newer version instead of flashing the receiver to older yes, but if you have other receivers then you need to flash all of them as well.

Voltage depends on what radio and battery you have.
I have a Taranis X9D. Tried to flash the internal module with both FCC and LBT firmware, but didn't resolve the binding issue. Battery voltage is around 8v

8V is fine, it's for people who use a 3s lipo that it's an issue.

I wish to share with all the resolution of my issue.
Due to the fact that its very difficult to downgrade the OpenTX firmware I just managed to do a last try.
Instead of flashing the XM+ receiver with the normal old XM+FCC170313.frk firmware I selected the old XM+FCC170313-RSSI16.frk and bingo! This time the transmitter didn't show any irritating message and completed the flashing succefully.
I also flashed the XJT internal module with the same FCC firmware (old one).
Binding was straightforward and smooth.

That's it. Now I hope not to have problems with my other models...

The downgrading had nothing to do with OpenTX firmware, only with module/RX firmware.
OpenTX doesn't care about what's on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya