Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Reached a milestone today

spiderpig

Reaction score
So accomplished something in this hobby that took a long time to get to. Was able to fly a full battery with my quad and have it survive all the "landings". Only had to replace one prop. I know it seems like a small thing..but every time I've flown in the past, some component got damaged or some wire got cut. I've been working on crashing proofing her after each crash and today...made it through one battery. I was actually cursing myself for not bringing more batteries.

Yeah me too. I'm having a hard time with FPV, I keep bouncing off the ground and crashing, I can't seem to control it. Yesterday I panicked and landed my Youbi 130 right in my pool! A word of advice, don't learn FPV near an open pool, it doesn't end well.

Reactions: Serius
Yeah me too. I'm having a hard time with FPV, I keep bouncing off the ground and crashing, I can't seem to control it. Yesterday I panicked and landed my Youbi 130 right in my pool! A word of advice, don't learn FPV near an open pool, it doesn't end well.

Yeah any kind of electronics doesn't really swim well. That's why I usually start with new drones in level mode...then work my way to horizon. When I have a good feel for her - I go acro. I also tend to fly in wide open spaces and avoid places near water. Here's my practice session yesterday that was on the same battery:

Yeah for now on I'm going to learn FPV in a big open field like you did, too hard to learn in my backyard. By the way, I blew my Youbi out with an air compressor then buried it in a bowl of rice overnight, turned it on and it works fine, no damage. I can't believe it, this thing was like 2 feet under water lol, I'm impressed.

Reactions: Serius
Yeah for now on I'm going to learn FPV in a big open field like you did, too hard to learn in my backyard. By the way, I blew my Youbi out with an air compressor then buried it in a bowl of rice overnight, turned it on and it works fine, no damage. I can't believe it, this thing was like 2 feet under water lol, I'm impressed.

Nice! Rice trick seems to work great sometimes.

Thankfully I live next to farms, so right now nothing is growing since it was just winter so I can fly one field you see in the video. Once things start growing, I'll avoid it since it'll be really hard to find the drone when it lands and the farmers might complain about buzzed crops. So I'll have to go to another park not to far from me. But the key is to practice. When the weather is bad I try to get at least one hour of simulator time in. Real cheap to get a USB receiver and fly a free simulator to keep practicing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax