Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RapidFire Stopped Working?!

the.ronin

Reaction score
It was great while it was working but today it just stopped receiving video. This a relatively new module I got from getFPV earlier this month. It's only been out less than a handful of times. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really liked flying with it over the standard 5G8 module. Here are pics to show the issue ...

This is showing my quad transmitting on Fatshark Band channel 4 (5800 freq) ...

picture-1.jpg

This is showing the Rapidfire set to IRC band channel 4 or 5800 freq.

picture-2.jpg

This is showing the static in the goggles even though it is set to the same frequency as the vtx in the quad.

picture-3.jpg

To rule out the goggles, I replaced the Rapidfire with a NexWave 5G8 module.

picture-4.jpg

This is showing a perfect picture in the goggles with the NexWave 5G8 module set to the right channel.

picture-5.jpg

Module "Brain" is v1.2.6, Rapdfire 1.1.2, and 4.9V (no low power).

Sufficient power is being provided through the bridging of both L1 and L10 terminals on the internal boards (not through the headtracker power tap ribbon).

Of note I tried using the Rapidfire Updater to patch 1.2.7 but I kept getting a "USB device not recognized" even though I had already updated the module before and applied a custom splash screen.

I also tried running a calibration but it would always fail despite the vtx being clearly on and transmitting.

Again any advise greatly appreciated. This was not a cheap piece of kit and kinda sucks that it doesn't work so fast!

Guys I really recommend AGAINST the rapidfire. Having dug further into this module, it is post after post of issues. Well that and your typical IRC fanbois trying to defend what's really a beta product. This video really sums up everything I have found ...

... and the google doc referenced in that video is authored by IRC!! LOL!!! What really strikes me the wrong way is how every incompatibility identified in that video IRC justifies as being the fault of that component's manufacturer. WOW!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax