Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Radiomaster TX16S... a great radio!

graywoulf

Reaction score
Well I am about to retire my Taranis QX7 which is something I didn't think I would do so soon but after watching a lot of videos on the Radiomaster TX16S, I couldn't hold back and I bought one.

I can't believe this radio has this many features for the price. I also wanted to have a multi-protocol radio again as I have several airplanes that are on the FlySky protocol and some old toy quads that I still like to fly for fun sometimes as well. So now I can fly all of my aircraft as well as my newer quads that have Crossfire installed.

One of the best features is the big screen and full color graphics. Now I can see the screen better with my old eyes and there is so much more information on that screen now too. And the fact that is using Open TX is a huge plus. There is even a mod for it that will let you install an internal GPS module if you are into long range flying which I am gearing up for.

So, if any of you are looking to upgrade your radio, I would recommend taking a look at this one.

bzmot

Reaction score
Haha I’m actually doing the same thing .QX7 out, TX16S is on its way to me as we speak. Just curious: why would you need a gps module on the radio as opposed to on your quad?

graywoulf

Reaction score
The GPS upgrade is just another way of tracking long range planes and quads for rescue purposes mainly I think. That is if the GPS has a way of storing the flight statistics. Not sure really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ABSURDFPV