Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Radar

DanyCro

Reaction score
Hi.
If I am in non-controled area, out of CTR, I can fly up to 120m.

Tell me, how radar works, which is the minimum altitude which radar can track a drone?

Is radar see me if I am going little bit over trees with drone?

Also, is radar track by 'heat' of drone, or gps or..?

For all intents and purposes a radar will transmit a radio frequency in either a single or 360 degree range that will be reflected by the echo or signature of objects detected in its path. As for a quad scenario, you would be wasting your time flying at 120m altitude for a host of reasons, and if you are in an unrestricted area, there probably won’t be a radar installation and if there were, probably wouldn’t be sensitive enough to detect a small flying camera.

In my town was in 2 months closed 2 times airports because someone with dron was in restricted area, think at 122 m. But they not says that radar saw it, they says that drone was reported 'by pilot' from smaller airplane in the air.

I will not fly in ristricted area, just ask can be drone track from ATC or not, in case that my gps show wrong altitude and I 'miss' a few meter higher then I wanted to be and allowed to be.

Just don't fly in restricted areas and you should be fine. know where the local airports are. if you need to fly inside that area, contact FAA or the local tower to simply let them know and get permission for C and D airspace.
In the USA, it can take up to 90 days to get clearance to fly B airspace (close to major airports) so pick your flight plan carefully but you CAN get clearance. You'll need a part 107 license in the USA to fly inside 5 miles of any airport legally.
I doubt its Radar that would detect you (too small). its people that see and report your drone. just follow the rules and you'll be fine.
or just stay in general air space and away from airports and there's no issue.

In my town was in 2 months closed 2 times airports because someone with dron was in restricted area, think at 122 m. But they not says that radar saw it, they says that drone was reported 'by pilot' from smaller airplane in the air.

I will not fly in ristricted area, just ask can be drone track from ATC or not, in case that my gps show wrong altitude and I 'miss' a few meter higher then I wanted to be and allowed to be.
I think you’ve answered your own question with respect to what is permissible and what is not. The responses to your thread reinforce that position, no idea where you live but in Australia and certainly the USA, the penalties for ignoring the rules are very severe. They are now rolling out jammers to bring your quad down in addition to a very vocal anti drone community that will report any illegal actions. By all means enjoy the hobby, you are clearly interested in learning more about it, just be aware that our actions both responsible and otherwise, affect everyone.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV