Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Racing setup

i use dom V3 and furious trueD for reciever.15263022098441323395737.jpg
prefect tight fit in the bay. diversity without using the rh bay. I've updated the fw as furious fpv puts out versions but I've skipped the last one cause i don't like tee splash screen. immersion rc patch antenna is awesome and a black sheep circular antenna. get an extra fatshark battery if you can.
you'll love the Dom V3... I've worn out three head straps and no issues.
i paid $499.00 = FS V3 plus $120.00 for the reciever module back when they came out. these prices are almost half off from that now.

Reactions: Wayno52
Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52
I have skyzone so can’t answer that I’m sorry. All I know is that we all have a particular type of goggle
that we like. A lot of our top pilots here use box type and love them. If chance permits go to local track and ask to see what they see?
Hi,sorry to hijack this old thread but the OP's thread is similar to a question I was going to pose. I bought the wizard package that came with Eachine 700 pro goggles that I couldn't get to work with my old eyes. I upgraded the camera to a run swift sparrow and whilst better, I cannot get a clear enough picture with the settings to not slam into stuff. I have a set of Domintor V3 goggles that i use with my phantom setup that I can use with the ipd setup and was looking at buying a receiver, antennas etc to see how that goes. You have hinted that you are part of a drone racing club that may have members with a wizard/ googles setup that have something that works for older eyes. Don't mind spending good money on a quality setup and maybe there is a closer shop to buy gear other than the chap I'm using in Melbourne (extremely happy with his service).
Hoping that I can use the base Wizard setup without having to upscale at this stage, I'll never be a threat to the top feeders in this forum but I do want something that works.
Thank you.

sounds like a goggle issue more so than a drone/ camera deal. us older guys with ancient eyes do have problems. i can barely focus in my FS but i fly through it. i wear glasses (far sighted big time) some find box goggles better where you can wear your glasses.
hopefully someone here has better advice than to "suck it up" and fly. I feel your pain.. i can't see half the time and just fly at gaps.
quality is not the issue here. old eyes is. I've got the best available and still can't see like my son can.
i spent money on diopter inserts, still tough to see.
I fly dom v3 as well. great goggles.
check out diopters for your goggles. you send them your current prescription and they adjust it to the goggle distance.
I don't have that link right now... looking

Last edited:
sounds like a goggle issue more so than a drone/ camera deal. us older guys with ancient eyes do have problems. i can barely focus in my FS but i fly through it. i wear glasses (far sighted big time) some find box goggles better where you can wear your glasses.
hopefully someone here has better advice than to "suck it up" and fly. I feel your pain.. i can't see half the time and just fly at gaps.
quality is not the issue here. old eyes is. I've got the best available and still can't see like my son can.
i spent money on diopter inserts, still tough to see.
I fly dom v3 as well. great goggles.
check out diopters for your goggles. you send them your current prescription and they adjust it to the goggle distance.
I don't have that link right now... looking
Cheers for that, I did buy a set of Fatshark diopters for the goggles but they are miles out, I'll take your advice and drop buy at the local spec savers place and see what they can do for me or maybe there is a crowd out there that specifically make them. I'd prefer these goggles rather than putting a fish tank on my head with the larger ones.

Reactions: Futuramille
I'm not much on fish tanks on my head either... love my dom v3 even if i can't see straight. its close enough.
i bought 80$ diopters and they suck. I'm not sure where to go for better so i just fly through it.
hopefully someone on here has a better direction for you. i can't find the link to the latest diopter supplier, I'm still looking

Last edited:
Reactions: tevek
I'm not much on fish tanks on my head either... love my dom v3 even if i can't see straight. its close enough.
i bought 80$ diopters and they suck. I'm not sure where to go for better so i just fly through it.
hopefully someone on here has a better direction for you. i can't find the link to the latest diopter supplier, I'm still looking
If I spent $80 and they didn't work I'd be searching through the fridge for a six pack and knecking them. Was flying today and the camera lens fell out due to my fault. Naturally it fell amongst the leaves and dirt in my backyard and will never be found again. I have a spare lens so it's not a big deal, but at least the wife appreciated my rolls and flips so all was not lost. Found the company dealing with Fatshark lens, they are called RHO and they will make lenses based on your prescription.
Live and learn....

Last edited:
Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput