Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RaceFlight Revolt and RaceFlightOne

Hey guys,

The vendor got back to me yesterday. He said RF told him it would probably be fine the way it is, sounds like what Green said. He also said that RF would take it back and send me a new one (there goes another week or two). I'm not sure I want to solder it all up and basically finish the build to find out. Anyway, at least they got back to me and I can send it back. Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I am just setting up my revolt v2 FC after my first build but i am having issues. I feel i have everything wired correctly but while i am going through the setup on the raceflight FC it keeps failing on step 3, "Radio Setup"

It asks to me to set my arming switch to "dissarm", I flip the back left switch on my q x7. Click "next" then it asks me to set arming switch to "armed", i flip the switch the opposite way. Click "next" and i get the error: radio configuration failed,try again?.

Do i first need to program what the arming switch is on the q x7 before i do the radio setup on the fc?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

did you make sure all your switches are in the 0 or off position?
you also have to make sure its a switch that is assigned a channel

Virtue,

I don't know how deeply you follow RF news but have you heard or seen any rumblings about getting an OSD to work with the new Revolt?

Jerry

Virtue,

I don't know how deeply you follow RF news but have you heard or seen any rumblings about getting an OSD to work with the new Revolt?
No I havent, slack is your best bet. When it comes to osd, I only use battery voltage

Jerry

Reactions: Jtrjr
Virtue,

No go on the Revolt. It appears it wasn't the Bolt after all, it must be the Revolt board. Put the board in my QAV-X. Everything was working perfectly before the install. The Lumenier F4 board in the bird was a very basic board so I figured it would be a good candidate for the Revolt. Got it flashed with RF1 started going through the wizards. Got to the ESC's and it crapped out and locked up (picture of error below). Rebooted everything and went through the wizards again skipping the ESC wizard and moving on to the motors, crapped out again, no ESC 3 detected. Can't get past it. So different bird (known good), different motors (known good), same result. I think I got a bad Revolt v2. It's probably time for me to throw in the towel. Really disappointed.

Jerry

ESC Error.jpg

Motor Error.jpg

Well, I decided to put my other new RF Revolt v2 into the QAV-X. I updated the firmware to the .238 RC version. The other FC must be bad because it let me get through everything in RF1 but errored out on the idle and motor direction wizard. I tried it a few times with the same error. Everything else appeared to work properly. I disconnected and armed the bird (props off) and checked the motor direction with my fingers. Motors appear to be going in the right direction. I might try to fly with it anyway later. I still have to figure out how I'm going to mount the antenna.

Jerry

You need to install the newest build, even tho it's labled unstable, its at the top of the list. The other builds (versions) are for the o rigional board

yes, thats it. sorry to hear your having problems with rf1, i haven't had a single problem with it. i really like rf1. so, what you are saying is that you have two revolts that are bad?
i wonder if you may be having problems with the configurato?. if i was you, id open a ticket with raceflight, their customer service is awesome, they will get ya going

Virtue,

I have no idea whether it a bad board or not. I know the first one was by swapping it. Just bad luck for me with Raceflight products, I guess.

Jerry

Well, I decided to see if I could put the QAV-X in the air with the Revolt V2 since everything appeared to be operating properly even with the motor error. It actually flew fine. Didn't do anything crazy yet, just zipped around a bit did a few rolls and flips. Pushed the speed a little and got a feel for responsiveness. I will say, it is smooth and steady. At one point, about 3 minutes in I leveled it off and took my fingers off the sticks and it stayed on course. I don't like having air mode on all of the time, I'd like to be able to shut it off when I take-off and land. I also wish the beeper would engage on a failsafe. I'm looking forward to flying it a bit more to see what I think.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Reversed motor direction on my rf1 builds, was easy
just reverse all 4 motor directions then click reverse props under the configurator tab

Virtue,

Jerry
Hi Jerry, just noticed that osd is now enabled on rf1, you should be able to get yours going

Virtue,

Man, I just can't win with this RF stuff. I took my Qav-X (Raceflight) bird to the air today and ran three packs through it. It ran great! I saw your post about the GFU and decided to check it out. In order to open the board in the new configurator I had to update the firmware. Then I had to go through the entire setup process, which it did successfully. Still no OSD but that's not the issue right now. Took it out to do a test flight, armed okay, went to throttle up and it went berserk! Flipping and flailing all over the ground like maybe the props were going in the wrong direction even though I was very careful to make sure they were right. I took it back in went through the entire setup again. I then did a "Motor Test" with the props on but the nuts very loose. Wow! I could barely hold on to that thing on motor 3. The test shows a green check mark at the top of the page but the numbers look like they're all over the place. It's like the motors aren't calibrated, even though I did the calibration several times. I'm going to attach a couple of screenshots from two different tests. Do you have any thoughts? Dang, it was working and I shouldn't have fixed it! I tell everyone else that and then screw it up myself!

Jerry

Look at motor 3!!!
RF1-Motor Error.jpg RF1-Motor Error-01.jpg

Reactions: Quadkill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax