Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RaceFlight Revolt and RaceFlightOne

Yea I got slacked no answer yet but I didn't think about rx I'm gonna redoe today and check more rx stuff I just figured if telemetry not lost meant rx side was good

Thanks virtual I opened a ticket maybe I will get it figured out
let us know how it goes, i think it was a sunday when i contacted them on a ticket, hopefully they will contact you today. they contacted me the same day, my issue was receiver related.

Rebuilt again had a wonky bottom mount board was slightly tilted def not flat but seemed secure One more quest my reciever was laying on top of flight control would that cause an issue? Like it was kinda sandwiched in between top plate and fc but then again it's been that way. Took it out hovered flipped and rolled no issues just like in the beginning buttttt I would hate to be on lap 9 in a regional and have a fall out so still I do not know what the issue is or was. Also just to maiden I zipped the rx on top of the fc and put a soft barrier in between and I seems ok

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Rebuilt again had a wonky bottom mount board was slightly tilted def not flat but seemed secure One more quest my reciever was laying on top of flight control would that cause an issue? Like it was kinda sandwiched in between top plate and fc but then again it's been that way. Took it out hovered flipped and rolled no issues just like in the beginning buttttt I would hate to be on lap 9 in a regional and have a fall out so still I do not know what the issue is or was. Also just to maiden I zipped the rx on top of the fc and put a soft barrier in between and I seems ok
may have been an issue if anything was making contact with something on fc. i sandwich mine also but make sure every thing is insulated. is your receiver diversity and whats your antenna placement?

was checking Davey's thread out, its about him having problems orienting his fc and it reminded me how easy that part (and others) of setup is sooo much easier with rf1, just stand the quad on its nose and click next...done. takes 5 mins to set up with rf1

My antenna is a stub tbs which I had thru the back hole on a stretch x spaceone also I have a diversity on my goggle

Rebuilt both racers and test flew they both act good again however that's just los in front of me rolling and flipping so that may have been it I guess over a few wrecks and one fast build I may have had loose fc mounts but I really don't know but I hope so

Hey Virtue,

I'm getting everything ready to start this build. I got my Revolt (V2) today and the first thing I usually do is verify that the board is good to go by looking at it in the configurator on the computer. This board won't show up. So I went to the firmware flasher and flashed it, which it appeared to do but I still can't connect to it. Anyway, as a last resort I went to look at the instructions (o_O) and it seems to be saying that it wants me to solder everything up before I flash it? Is that your understanding, I need to solder everything to flash it?

Thanks,

Jerry

i think i did the same thing on my first one, my second one i definately built it first.i had to contact support to get my first board to connect, they used team viewer and set it up to connect, my second was no problem

Reactions: Jtrjr
Virtue,

Thanks, I finally got it going. I'm kind of surprised that they want you to solder all of your connections before you even verify that the board will even fire up. That's a lot of time and work to waste if you got a dead board.

Soldered all my pins for the Bolt connections last night and did a mock-up with the QAV-Skitzo frame. I need to modify the camera mount because of the "bump-out" that's on the front of the Bolt and I may have to extend or replace my motor wires (I don't think they're going to be long enough). I also have no idea where I'm going to put the two caps for the Bolt.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Virtue and anyone else who has an opinion,

I'm going to post a picture of my new RaceFlight Bolt. I was just getting ready to solder up my motor wires when I noticed this. If you look at the board closely (you may have to zoom in), there are two rows of of nine little brown and gray capacitors (or some other electronic component?) in the center of the board, on the top row, the third and forth one from the left are touching each other. Looking at it through a magnifier that are actually shorted together on the lower end. That can't be good, right? Do I try to fix it or ask to send the board back and wait another week or better to get another one? Dang!

Jerry

IMG_7834.JPG

contact support, send them the pic and they'll probably coach ya how to fix it if ya want, or replace it. aren't those resistors?

i would put the blade of a screw driver between them, quickly heat the end thats shorted, then twist the screw driver blade to move them apart. then clean up the short and make sure the solder joints are good

I just sent a note to support. Their support system won't let me post the picture. I guess it's wait and see now. I don't know what they are, it's above my pay grade.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax