Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

RaceFlight Revolt and RaceFlightOne

VirtueViolater

Reaction score
20170501_105525.jpg as some of you know, i fly the revolt and rf1 firmware. imo, its the best out there atm. some of you guys have ordered the revolt and are soon to do builds with it so i decided to make a post here for comments and questions. i will gladly help out anyway i can so just ask and if i can answer i will. once you have the rf1 configurator installed its a step by step process to set up your fc and most of it is automated! i love, love, LOVE the configurator so much i no longer have cleanflight or betaflight on my laptop. also, another big help is rf on slack, lots of knowledgeable people there to help. good luck with your rf1 builds and enjoy!

Reactions: Jtrjr
Thanks, Virtue! I'm going to put my first Revolt in my QAV-X. It came with a good but very basic REVO based F4 FC. I just spent two days trying to get a beeper to work with it using motor 6. A big no go. I pulled the board today only to see that they actually were using both motor 5 & 6 to bring power to the board from the PDB. The pastures are growing now and I would have lost two birds if not for the beeper. Anyway, I'll swap the board with the Revolt and see how I like it. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way so I really appreciate your offer to help along the way.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I was a bit disappointed to find out the millivolt needs 5V power, not direct lipo. It will cost me a few more grams with the pololu but luckily I already have one.

Green,

Just curious, why would that be an issue? And I don't really understand the Pololu, what does it do?

Jerry

Only thing I do t like about revolt is you can't run a minimosd.

Green,

Just curious, why would that be an issue? And I don't really understand the Pololu, what does it do?

Jerry

The pololu is just a BEC (battery eliminator circuit) that takes an input voltage range like maybe 7-26V, and outputs 5V in this case. The issues for me are space, and that every gram counts on these little 75g builds. AUW is 125g with battery.

Edit: forgot to mention there is no PDB on these little builds.

20170518_073648.jpg
Virtue,

What OSD info are you getting from those cameras?

Jerry
I'm only using voltage but they both have osd controller boards included and use mwosd I think it is

Pic is osd instructions for runcam owl plus
not sure of anything other than voltage

Last edited:
By the way, you can't use the ppm protocal with the revolt, it's i-bus, s-bus, or satelite only. David with support said that the ppm signal is too slow

Thanks, Virtue. Yeah, I'm using XSR, XM+ and XM receivers on pretty much everything these days, all on SBUS. The only bird I have on PPM is the JJPro P200.

Jerry

Virtue,

I've been doing a lot of research on the Raceflight stuff while I await my parts. I've seen a lot of issues with vibration of the FC causing problems. How have you been isolating your FC's? Are you just using the o-rings or did you get the gummies?

Thanks,

Jerry

thats not the revolt, the revolt has the gummies. you want the revolt or skitzo. they both have the gummies. they have a proprietary gyro and its sensitive, the gummies solved that issue. the original board is the one with no gummies and had issues
raceflight sells a gummie pack you can use on any flight controller, they work great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz