Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

R-xsr and f4 omnibus

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Good morning all

I’m after a little help, I’m trying to get my r-xsr set up with telemetry on my x7s and when I connect to the normal pin I can get the transmitter to find and sensors. Do I need to solder the telemetry wire to the un-inverted pad on the receiver.

Thanks

Sam

You can connect the s.port wire from your R-XSR to any open UART tx pad, then go into ports tab in BF and enable smartport under telemetry output for the UART you used.

i have tried to connect it and changed all the relevant tabs in betaflight but it wont work, i have read somewhere that on the f4 omnibus you have to use the un-inverted signal pad on the r-xsr but not to sure about it.
i have serial rx on UART 6, Smart Audio on UART 3 and UART 1 spare, but have been told that UART 1 is Linked with UART 6 meaning. if i was to use UART 1 would it work.

thanks

Try UART 1 tx. You've done the basics, discover sensors in your QX7. Also, I think R-XSR outputs telem on channel 16, check your max channel in the CLI, I think depending on fw that max channels is defaulted to 6 and you need to change it to 16

Yes i have done all up to and including discover new sensors, how do i change the channels to 16 if thats what i need?

Go into your CLI and type get aux channels then enter. It should show you what your max channel is set at.

Type set max_aux_channels = 12 (1st 4 channels are AETR so aux 12 is channel 16
[0,...,16]
Need to check what the default and maximum number of aux channels are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax