Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Question about LiPo Batteries

merdok

Reaction score
Ok, so I am trying to understand the LiPo batteries and in the last few days I have been figuring it out, at least some of it anyway. One thing I am not sure about is the MAH. Right now I am using 3S 1500MAH 35C batteries. The 1500 MAH rating is the storage, or for lack of better words, the tank size. What is stopping me from using the same battery but lets say a 2200MAH? The MAH is how much juice is in the tank correct? So with that mentality than 2200 is more than 1500.........= more flight time? Am I close at all? Any help is appreciated.

Scott

Scott,

I think your analysis is correct but you may not see the additional flight time because you will be adding additional weight fir the higher capacity battery.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I didn't even think about the weight but it makes sense. Thanks for the response, you made it to Texas yet?

Scott,

Yeah, got here about 4pm. Snowed all the way from OKC to Ft Worth. 29F when we got here. It's supposed to get into the 70's in a few days.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, bad luck on the weather. But that's how it goes here too. Today is in the 30s or 40s, while two or three days ago it was 78, and we will be back in the 70s soon. I am sure you will get some good flying time in.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Glad you made it Jerry. A bunch of snow here as well, single digit temps.

Still cold here Jerry but supposed to be 60 by the end of the week.

Today was nice here, but I was too hungover to fly :[ Supposed to be 80 by Thursday, after having a light freeze a few days ago. Our weather is crazy here. I gotta get a flight in, I am dying to do the big one after all my micro drone practice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax