Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quad not arming with Crossfire setup

graywoulf

Reaction score
I bought a cinewhoop with a Crossfire Nano receiver pre-installed. I have it bound with my Crossfire Lite module and in Betaflight all of the channels are showing functional including my arming switch which is on AUX 1 and it even shows that it is functioning in Betaflight. I can spin the motors within Betaflight just fine but the motors will not arm and spin via the arming switch on my controller. I admit that Crossfire is new to me but I have done the firmware update to the module and the Nano receiver. What am I overlooking with this?

I bought a cinewhoop with a Crossfire Nano receiver pre-installed. I have it bound with my Crossfire Lite module and in Betaflight all of the channels are showing functional including my arming switch which is on AUX 1 and it even shows that it is functioning in Betaflight. I can spin the motors within Betaflight just fine but the motors will not arm and spin via the arming switch on my controller. I admit that Crossfire is new to me but I have done the firmware update to the module and the Nano receiver. What am I overlooking with this?
Check your stick low thresold value.

Reactions: graywoulf
@Madhungarian, Thank you for that suggestion. The values were way off but after calibrating everything the hard way as JB put it using the settings in my QX7, the motors still will not spin up when I flip the arm switch. They still spin while in Betaflight though which is very perplexing. Next idea?

@Madhungarian, Thank you for that suggestion. The values were way off but after calibrating everything the hard way as JB put it using the settings in my QX7, the motors still will not spin up when I flip the arm switch. They still spin while in Betaflight though which is very perplexing. Next idea?
In betaflight, in CLI, on the command prompt type "status"

What does the "arming disabled flags" say?

This is the result of that query. I have no clue as to the meaning but I hope you do.

Thank you for your help.

Arming disable flags: RXLOSS CLI MSP

This is the result of that query. I have no clue as to the meaning but I hope you do.

Thank you for your help.

Arming disable flags: RXLOSS CLI MSP
The rxloss is because you do not have your transmitter on. MSP connection is active, probably via Betaflight Configurator and CLI is command line is active.

Hopefully you have your arming switch set on your controller and applied itin your modes tab in your configurator to arm.

Have you just tried giving it throttle, sometime you arming will not spin your motors you need to give it throttle.

IF you have your osd warnings checked in betaflight, you should see in your goggles when you try to arm what the error is. Do you see anything?

I do during those times have my TX on or otherwise the signal loss beeping will drive me crazy. And yes, I have tried giving it some throttle after arming the quad. I have not yet set up the VTX channel in my goggles so as for that part, I don't know what the OSD is indicating. I have tried disconnecting the quad from Betaflight and arming it but that did not work. I have the beeper set to beep at arming and disarming and there is no beep during those times as well.

I really appreciate your help but I hope you will understand if I have to put this on hold for the time being. It is 2:43 AM and I need some rest. I will be back on this first thing after I wake up. Thanks again.

Reactions: Madhungarian
@Madhungarian, I really appreciate your help last night.

HighTechPauper figured it out today and I am kicking myself for the dumb oversight of leaving "Motor Stop" turned on in Betaflight. Actually, it was set that way from the factory which is a mystery to me as to why it was set that way.

Now I have another problem in that I have no OSD at all so I have sent HGLRC support a message on that. Other than that, my HGLRC Sector 132 is ready to fly.

It's always something isn't it? ?

Your welcome,

I have the same quad as you, just not crossfire, but xm.
That is why I was saying to give it throttle after you arm, since your motors do not spin\idle after arming coming from the factory settings. Mine is like that, if you arm in angle mode you need to give it throttle to spin up and take off. Anyways glad you found the probelm. I have never had an issue with not showing OSD. Are you getting the video feed?

Piece of advice that if you decide to take off the prop guard and install the bigger props, make sure you do not use the same screws, use the shorter ones, if you use the same screws you will ruin your motors. I ruined one on mine since the screw is too long, it will penetrate the copper wiring of your motors.

Reactions: graywoulf
Yes, I am getting a good video feed signal but I'm just getting a pretty picture as HighTechPauper put it. He and I spent some time today on the phone with him while he was connected to my laptop via TeamViewer. He checked over every setting and we tried at least a dozen or more ideas to fix it but it still does not work. I don't want to tear this brand new quad down without being in contact with HLGRC first.

I am a bit dismayed at the lack of quality control though. Most if not all of the screws on the bottom of the frame were loose and the antenna connector on the VTX was loose as well so that tells me that there may be another build issue at hand. I'll get it figured out eventually though.

Yes, I am getting a good video feed signal but I'm just getting a pretty picture as HighTechPauper put it. He and I spent some time today on the phone with him while he was connected to my laptop via TeamViewer. He checked over every setting and we tried at least a dozen or more ideas to fix it but it still does not work. I don't want to tear this brand new quad down without being in contact with HLGRC first.

I am a bit dismayed at the lack of quality control though. Most if not all of the screws on the bottom of the frame were loose and the antenna connector on the VTX was loose as well so that tells me that there may be another build issue at hand. I'll get it figured out eventually though.
I was not too happy with mine, I have jello\oscillations in my HD recording. I hope they can help you, they responded to me and pointed out that I used the wrong screws when I took off the prop guards and that is why my motor failed, i ordered a replacement motor and now it flies, I bought the caddx baby turtle version, not the 4k, also really do not like the analog feed on this camera plus you cannot adjust the settings. Also I noticed when I was replacing the motor, that the screws that hold your stack will seem loose since they are on dampeners. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip about the screws. I was surprised that they just threw a bunch of screws in a bag and threw it in the box. The other thing that thought was wrong was that the connector for the FPV cam that connects the little joystick to used to change the camera settings had been removed from the main camera connector.

I did give them a list of my findings and let them know that I was not happy about those things. I guess I will see how their customer support quality is tomorrow.

Reactions: Madhungarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax