Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quad freaks out when bumped

Cheb2703

Reaction score
Hi, I recently just completed my build of a qavr2 and I have a problem when landing or bumping anything. Whenever my quad bumps into, for example when I cut power to land and it hits the ground, one or more of the motors goes crazy and the quad freaks out. I don't know which motor or motors but I took off the props and simulated landing by touching it on the ground and I can hear one motor spin up and down crazy. If I had props on, it would fly all over. I am running dshot 600 8k 8k. I have tried dshot 300 4k 4k with no difference. I have reflashed blheli 32.7 and reflash bf 4.1. The only other reason I can find is my ESC is faulty, which means I have to unsolder and resolder my whole quad! I have a 4in1 ESC. xilo stax f4 processor. Any suggestions are helpful!

I would guess from the description that Air Mode is turned on (the default in Betaflight) and that is what causing this, that is why most people disarm just before they hit the ground. Try going into the configurator in the Configuration tab and turn Air Mode off and retest.

Thank you for the responses! I have put air mode on a three wat switch so I have disarm, arm, arm+airmode. I reset it and my dry tests without props seem that it isn't freaking out when bumped when air mode is turned off. I still have to test it outside with props on to see if it fixed the problem. I'll keep you updated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax