Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quad flipping continuously But hovers fine! Please help!

DrRatts

Reaction score
I just built a quad and everything seems to be in order. I took it out for the maiden flight and it ended badly! The quad would hover completely fine. I could pitch forward, backwards, roll slightly left and right, yaw left and right, and fly in circles no problem. I then tried a full roll to the left. The quad rolled fine but when I let up the sticks it went into a continuous death roll and did not stop rolling to the left. I was in Horizon mode for this flight. I previously calibrated the gyro and am not sure what could be causing this. Please help!! My quad does not have a blackbox log so i am really not sure how to figure out what went wrong.

Are you sure you flashed the correct firmware to your flight controller? If so, try it again making sure to enable full chip erase

Are you sure you flashed the correct firmware to your flight controller? If so, try it again making sure to enable full chip erase
After watching some videos I decided to test the motors on betaflight (props off) the one motor was stuttering and not functioning like the others... I'm guessing this is the issue which makes sense. Leave it to banggood to send you a faulty motor!!

It could more than likely be an esc issue to me rather than motor.
Do you know what protcol they are running?
Oneshot, multishot or dshot?

Last edited:
It could more than likely be an esc issue to me rather than motor.
Do you know what protcol they are running?
Oneshot, multishot or dshot?
I am running DShot600. I switched the motors to different ESC's and the same motor acted up. Definitely the motor! I will try replacing the bad motor and see how that goes....just have to wait for the new motor to come in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax