Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Pushing too hard?

Thanks a lot you guys, the feedback is both critical for me to grow, and motivating for me to get out and fly!
One thing I now know...
When this bug bites you good, everywhere you go starts screaming "Fly Me!!!"
everywhere. you. go.

Looking really good Randy, all the practice is paying off
@ Wayne, within a month you will have "that feeling" where you fly without thought. Once you have "the feel",

loops, flips and etc. will be a lot easier. Randy, looks like you have the "feel"
Thanks Virtue!
I am nibbling on an understanding of this, but still pretty hesitant to get too crazy now when I could use the time to get more proficient at the basics and, for the first time ever, some muscle memory. I am still having a ball just boringly zipping around fpv and I want to keep flying each day till winter sets in good and I only have 1 bird put together right now (split and upgraded vtx's in process on others) so I am happy to not take too many chances till spring. I got a lot to learn and even more before I can actually do it instead of just understanding what I'm supposed to do. As our friend reminds, just fly, practice practice practice!

if you get "weeeeeeeeeweeeweeeeee" 10 mistakes high, its a definite freeing feeling for trying new moves on the stick. it's important to have something to target when you do tricks down low but.. even three mistakes high can be liberating once you try it... then bring it down under 100'. just my approach
though a bit unnerving, altitude is your friend with new acro moves.

I'm working on constantly targeting a spot.. split s, roles, a single spot targeted first... something to "look at" as a center of the move. I've been tossing her blindly into spots and power loops are cool that way but, fly up over something, look down as you travel by overhead and spot the gap.. is working better. key is get up in the air before you try something. than when you get confidence.. bring it down under 100'... split s is a magical move onto getting a "good look down".

Last edited:
Hey Futura I just went out and flew a few packs trying exactly what you said. I think that having flown a few packs every day without say a few days or especially a week without flying is helping immensely. I did what you said, plenty of height and half forward front flip. Plenty of time to correct any bad line. Worked a treat. Will fly at least another 8 packs today and keep practicing that move. Thanks for advice. Regards Wayne

Hey Futura I just went out and flew a few packs trying exactly what you said. I think that having flown a few packs every day without say a few days or especially a week without flying is helping immensely. I did what you said, plenty of height and half forward front flip. Plenty of time to correct any bad line. Worked a treat. Will fly at least another 8 packs today and keep practicing that move. Thanks for advice. Regards Wayne
Awesome Wayno!!!
:)

Reactions: Wayno52
to each his own now.. I'm not say go kill your drones. 100' is plenty to do jyst about anything and find horizon. 200' is better

reality sets in fast when the toy breaks. its all about burning lots of batteries every day .. or as much as possible

to each his own now.. I'm not say go kill your drones. 100' is plenty to do jyst about anything and find horizon. 200' is better
reality sets in fast when the toy breaks. its all about burning lots of batteries every day .. or as much as possible

Yeah I had a bad day today and broke the vtx antennas off both my flyable quads, I was bumming because tomorrow may be the last halfway decent day to fly before winter rears her ugly head in my neck, and I just broke everything I had. When I got home I found enough parts to fix both and promised myself I would be more careful tomorrow. I think I may need more quads...

****, sorry you had a bad day. two days ago i was hunting down a loose vtx wire. some sneaky twig got in there and... what a ball though
thanks for the kudos, im not quitting my day job at 53 but wow this is a treat. i drempt at 12 with a cub cadet, hand built by me.. someday I'll get inside.
i lived long enough to see it.

I always loved RC, but had never gotten into it before now. I am trying to fly 12 packs a day to get as much practice as possible, I'm getting it, but I need a lot more "dots" on my batts before I will be halfway decent but I am determined...

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz