Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Punch out = VTX cutoff

RPR

Reaction score
Website
www.rprsolution.com
Hello gang,

I have an iFlight Nazgul5 4s version that I have been flying on a 5s, although I’ve gotten a bit of noise that a 400uF 50v took care. Recently, I’ve upgraded the motors to handle 6s, but I’m running into issues with the video transmission.

When using a 6s the VTX would cut off in split seconds during load and comes back to normal when I ease off the throttle.

Here’s the stack that it came with:

Main Flight Controller: SucceX-E F4 (BETAFLIGHTF4 Firmware)
-ESC:45A 2-6S BLheli_S DShot600
-FORCE VT5804 V2: 0/25/600mW Adjustable frequency 48CH with IRC protocol.

Since this rig is rated 4s is there a way to change the voltage output to accept 6s?

How are you powering the VTX? Directly from battery? Are you sure its not the FC OSD that cuts out the signal? Did you try to run video directly from cam to VTX?
(I had a similar problem once and it was the FC)

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Check to make sure, but I think your VTX can handle 6s. If it can, the first thing I would try is powering it straight from the battery and bypassing the board. Then, as @Wrecked mentioned, you can try running the camera signal straight to the VTX and bypassing the board that way too (you'll lose OSD this way though)

Hello gang,

Here's an update. The stock wiring configuration on the Nazgul5 came cabled and neatly plugged to the aio. I was doing a bit more research and ran across this video that helped me out a bit.

Here's what I did that eliminated the cutouts during throttle punchout, I eliminated the camera wires that were connected to the FC and ran it directly to the VTX and for me to get the OSD telemetry back, I soldered to the TX1 (setting things up in BetaFlight ports took me a while to figure things out, I had almost given up thinking that I rewired things incorrectly, but thankfully I sorted things out)

Thank you for hint and tips @Wrecked and @rtkDarling

Attachments

• cablexl5.jpg
    cablexl5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Hello gang,

Here's an update. The stock wiring configuration on the Nazgul5 came cabled and neatly plugged to the aio. I was doing a bit more research and ran across this video that helped me out a bit.

Here's what I did that eliminated the cutouts during throttle punchout, I eliminated the camera wires that were connected to the FC and ran it directly to the VTX and for me to get the OSD telemetry back, I soldered to the TX1 (setting things up in BetaFlight ports took me a while to figure things out, I had almost given up thinking that I rewired things incorrectly, but thankfully I sorted things out)

Thank you for hint and tips @Wrecked and @rtkDarling
Hey man.. I bought my Nazgul5 and i'm having the same issue as you.. When i fly normally i have a clear video.. But when i do some punchs i have the same issue.. I got your wire design but can you show me your betaflight tweakes that you made it?

Wait.. So you changed your camera/vtx connections and ESCS?

At first, when I bought my first iFlight Nazgul5 4s version (since it’s cheaper) the ESC:45A 2-6S BLheli_S DShot600 was only able to accept 5s which was SHOCKING!!! Because on paper it said otherwise. At the time, since I had lots of 5s batteries and it accepted 5s batteries without VTX cut off during punchout, but it’s different to be said with 6s, I was having problems and BF as well as JESC was not able to fix.

With that said, I changed the ESC to a brand new Succex 32Bit 50A 30x30 4in1 ESC. The horizontal lines are still visible (known to the Nazgul5) but I’m able to fix the voltage cutoffs, when using a 6s battery and currently I exclusively fly on 6s.

Presently, I now have 4 XL5 (aka Nazgul5) built quads, because I really like how it performs and has then completely changed all of my electronics to a T-Motor F7 & F45A V2, with RPM filtering and from the time, I had written this initial thread, I have been doing my own PID tuning to accommodate my different load. Two my XL5 carries a Hero 8 and the rest carries a session 5.

At first, when I bought my first iFlight Nazgul5 4s version (since it’s cheaper) the ESC:45A 2-6S BLheli_S DShot600 was only able to accept 5s which was SHOCKING!!! Because on paper it said otherwise. At the time, since I had lots of 5s batteries and it accepted 5s batteries without VTX cut off during punchout, but it’s different to be said with 6s, I was having problems and BF as well as JESC was not able to fix.

With that said, I changed the ESC to a brand new Succex 32Bit 50A 30x30 4in1 ESC. The horizontal lines are still visible (known to the Nazgul5) but I’m able to fix the voltage cutoffs, when using a 6s battery and currently I exclusively fly on 6s.

Presently, I now have 4 XL5 (aka Nazgul5) built quads, because I really like how it performs and has then completely changed all of my electronics to a T-Motor F7 & F45A V2, with RPM filtering and from the time, I had written this initial thread, I have been doing my own PID tuning to accommodate my different load. Two my XL5 carries a Hero 8 and the rest carries a session 5.
any problem fly 5s battery with 4s version? how about fly time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax