Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Prop Safety

DavidKersting

Reaction score
99 percent of the time I dis-arm my quad, verify, then disconnect the battery before picking it up. The 1 percent got me.
Thought Id learned my safety lesson on nitro planes while doing needle valve adjustments...but guess not.

Just a gentle reminder for those that are doing quad set-up-remove the props, or in the field- make sure props are dis-armed and/or battery is disconnected before transporting the quad. Even carrying it by the bottom, a simple wrist rotation and accidental bumping of the throttle stick got me. Rotors are surprisingly sharp.

Id send a pic, but I'm sure its overkill.

Safe flying.
Dave

Be careful boys, if it is armed, you don't need a bump of the throttle to set off a motor reaction. The flick of the wrist by itself is plenty to get the quad to spin the motors to try and maintain attitude. IMO never enable the "Motor Stop" function, the blades should spin at idle whenever armed.

GreenOrange, agree with all your comments. Thanks.
For a touch of info on my set-up.
1) Arming with props not turning.... I watch the LED on the FCB as I arm to know its armed. Then touch the throttle to verify. I set my planes up the same.
2) Its horribly windy/gusty here, any prop turn moves the drone one way or another which is the reason I set it up at 0 rotation during arming. Handy for landing too (only sticks)

I need full control as the props start to rotate. Wish I had an option for 1/2 speed at arming.

Once any of the props begin to turn, I'm already on the sticks to keep it stable on the ground. This is why I made the change. Again, not preferred method and a bit hazardous if I forget to disarm/unplug.

Always up for advise/recommendations. Don't like RC injury, for me or anyone else. Safety 1st.

Actually, I'm truly impressed with the safety mindedness of RC folks every where I go. Ahhh to clarify------AMA / field club members.

I've done the one percent, it WON'T happen again. Just a micro, but dang those 2" props are like razor blades

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux