Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Prop Safety

DavidKersting

Reaction score
99 percent of the time I dis-arm my quad, verify, then disconnect the battery before picking it up. The 1 percent got me.
Thought Id learned my safety lesson on nitro planes while doing needle valve adjustments...but guess not.

Just a gentle reminder for those that are doing quad set-up-remove the props, or in the field- make sure props are dis-armed and/or battery is disconnected before transporting the quad. Even carrying it by the bottom, a simple wrist rotation and accidental bumping of the throttle stick got me. Rotors are surprisingly sharp.

Id send a pic, but I'm sure its overkill.

Safe flying.
Dave

DavidKersting

Reaction score
GreenOrange, agree with all your comments. Thanks.
For a touch of info on my set-up.
1) Arming with props not turning.... I watch the LED on the FCB as I arm to know its armed. Then touch the throttle to verify. I set my planes up the same.
2) Its horribly windy/gusty here, any prop turn moves the drone one way or another which is the reason I set it up at 0 rotation during arming. Handy for landing too (only sticks)

I need full control as the props start to rotate. Wish I had an option for 1/2 speed at arming.

Once any of the props begin to turn, I'm already on the sticks to keep it stable on the ground. This is why I made the change. Again, not preferred method and a bit hazardous if I forget to disarm/unplug.

Always up for advise/recommendations. Don't like RC injury, for me or anyone else. Safety 1st.

Actually, I'm truly impressed with the safety mindedness of RC folks every where I go. Ahhh to clarify------AMA / field club members.

RENOV8R

Reaction score
I've done the one percent, it WON'T happen again. Just a micro, but dang those 2" props are like razor blades

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadapple