Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Prop & kv question

4th_Dimension

Reaction score
Good morning all,
So really fast one here...
The props I just bought have a (Recommended Motor: 2206-2300k). Well my motors run 2400kv do any of you see a problem with this?
Every other spec for these pros my drone has.

Thank you,
Brian

I think the rating is there to protect from prop explosion due to high RPM. The higher the KV the faster the tip of the prop will spin. They will have some head room so sure you'll be fine.

Reactions: mrmund
Usually it has to do with the optimal RPM range that the prop design creates the best thrust numbers within.

So 100rpm more is bad and I will have horrible thrust? I don't think so but you guys would know

So 100rpm more is bad and I will have horrible thrust? I don't think so but you guys would know
I said nothing of the sort, pitch and thrust performance don't just degrade from awesome to terrible like falling off a cliff, and I don't claim to know more than anyone else, I just try to help.

Reactions: opts
Assuming that the difference between 2300 and 2400kV motors running on 4S 14.8V is about 1500 rpm, I wouldn’t be too worried, you’re only going to notice during full on punch outs or continuous high speed runs. As long as your esc’s are up to it and your not over propping your motors, shouldn’t be a problem. In this case you’re not.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
The props themselves won't be an issue, worst case scenario is they flatten out a bit at the highest rpm's and torque loading. You didn't say what props they were, what brand and specs did you go with?

Reactions: tevek
The props themselves won't be an issue, worst case scenario is they flatten out a bit at the highest rpm's and torque loading. You didn't say what props they were, what brand and specs did you go with?
Gemfan WinDancer 51433 3-blade 3.5 Inch Propeller

Type: 51433
Blades: 3
Pitch: 3.5in
Material: PC
Weight / g: 3.8g
Center Hole Inner diameter: 5mm
Prop Disk Diameter: 129.72
Center Thickness (Center Thickness) 6mm
Max Prop Width: 14.28mm
Adaptive Motor: 2206-2306
Recommended Motor: 2206-2300kv

And these ones

Gemfan Hurricane 51433 3-blade
SPECIFICS:
5.1"
3.78g
Supposed to have a pitch of 4.33"
Made from Polycarbonate
6mm hub thickness

The "pitch" is different for each one. So I can't mix them together I believe. You know
2 Hurricane props (CW)
2 WinDancer props (CCW)

Last edited:
So my next question is...how do I gauge/measure the "pitch of both of these props? As you see WinDancer pitch is (3.5) & Hurricane pitch is (Supposed to have a pitch of 4.33")

There is a typo in the Windancer specs, they are both by spec 5.1 inch props, with 4.3 inch pitch, and 3 bladed (that is what the 51433 is saying). They are both essentially the same except for possibly the shape of the airfoil, and even if you did run 4 different props the quad would still fly pretty much fine, the lower pitch props would have to spin faster and the higher pitch props would have to spin slower and the FC would control all of that to keep the quad stable. You can check youtube for a video that shows 4 different size and KV motors running 4 different pitch props, and it flew plenty good enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya